you have me

liked by aminahvasse, aaliyahmende

liked by aminahvasse, aaliyahmende.s, blakerossi and 1,220,929 more.

shawnmendes Happy birthday to my best friend. I love you, Blake. Xx Fun fact: I just took this picture

blakerossi ilysm💜

view 60,803 more comments

"You know, being here has really cleared my mind." I said.

"Me too. I got a little more writing done on that song. I think it's finished." He replied.

Shawn and I were sitting on the back porch of the house we were staying in watching the sunset. It was day 5 and I never wanted to leave. Shawn and I didn't ever leave the house, except to go down to the beach and honestly it was nice. We didn't explore Bali, but that's because in Bali there really wasn't much to do. It was the most beautiful place in the world and it was climbing to the top of my list of favorites.

"It's finished?" I looked over to him.

"I think so, yeah. I think you'll really like it." Shawn smiled and looked over at me.

"What's it about? Can I at least get a title?" I sat up a little, leaning towards Shawn.

"I mean, it's about you know... Just always wanting to be with that person. Never wanting to be a part from them. Traveling with them and making the best memories. All the while, falling more and more in love each day." Shawn wasn't making eye contact with me which meant this was clearly about a girl.

"Shawn.." I said his name quietly. "Who is the song about? Have you been talking to someone?"

"No, it's about my ex. You know, Lauren?" Shawn answered quickly.

"Yeah, we met in Toronto." I replied.

Lauren was the sweetest person ever and I honestly don't see why her and Shawn broke up. It was obviously because of the distance but the two of them just seemed so perfect together I wish he would have just tried a little harder. Lauren made Shawn so happy, even after 2 years of being broken up.

"I don't know. I don't wanna talk about it." He shrugged and I left the subject alone.

I didn't know Shawn still felt that way about her. He always told me about how he had moved and so had she. No doubt she'd always be his first love but I just felt like he was lying to me about it.

I suddenly became upset as I thought about Shawn lying to me and not being honest with me about if he was talking to someone new. We were supposed to be best friends and I would surely tell him if was talking to someone I liked. Then again, Shawn can talk to whoever he pleases it doesn't really concern me.