genesis part two

liked by shawnmendes, andrearussett, aaliyahmende

liked by shawnmendes, andrearussett, aaliyahmende.s and 800,812 more.

blakerossi   happy birthday to my boy and my best friend. I love you so incredibly much. 19 looks good on you

shawnmendes   I love you so so much xx

view 20,731 more comments

Karen and I slept on Shawn's huge couch. It was much more comfortable than the one that was in my apartment. It was white and fluffy and it felt like a cloud. Whenever Shawn was away at the studio I napped on the couch rather than the bed just because of how comfy it was.

Karen was up, as usual, cooking breakfast, but I stayed asleep on the couch. At least tried to stay asleep. I really couldn't because of the constant nerves circulating through my body. What would it be like when Shawn woke up today? Would he even remember me showing up last night? Would he be mad that I was here?

I pulled the blankets up to my chin and pulled my knees to my chest, trying to get comfortable. I almost lost my breath when I heard Shawn's bedroom door open up.

"Happy birthday, hun.. how do you feel?" Karen said.

I heard him walk across the bedroom and pull a chair out at the counter top, "Terrible. What is she doing here?" He asked.

I felt my heart drop at his tone. "You kept asking for her. It was bad so I asked her to come."

"I thought I was dreaming," he laughed a little. I heard him stand up again after assuming he took some medicine that Karen had laid out for him. His footsteps got closer and he sat on the couch next to me.

I could practically feel his eyes on me as the couch dipped under his weight. He took a deep breath and pulled some loose hair from my face, "I forgot how much I missed coming home and seeing her on the couch like this." He told Karen.

"I knew you missed her. You would have been so bad on your birthday without her here and I couldn't let that happen." Karen said and I could hear the smile in her voice.

"How couldn't I miss her?" Shawn stood up and walked back to the kitchen. I didn't want to like awkwardly fake wake up so I waited until Shawn went into his room again to get ready for the day to actually get up.

"Did you really pretend to stay asleep that whole time?" Karen laughed and slid me a plate of some eggs and toast.

"Ugh, yes. How did you know?" I laughed as I tied my hair into a bun.

"I know everything." Karen winked and sat next to me.

"I really do think I'm gonna leave before he's done showering, Karen. I don't think I can do this." I said as I pushed my food around with my fork.