sista sista

liked by aminahvasse, shawnmendes, victoriassecret and 308,406 more

blakerossi Toronto always treats me well

aaliyahmende.s thank god you actually bought that outfit🙄

shawnmendes ^

view 12,729 more comments

The entire month since Shawn and I left Bali, I had been spending with him at his condo in Toronto. When he had to go off to the studio, I'd leave and go see Aaliyah, Karen and Manny. I loved it in Toronto and at this point I was basically living here.

Aaliyah had quickly became like my little sister and we were growing closer and closer everyday. It was definitely gonna suck when it was time for me to go back home and I didn't get to see her everyday.

"You should just move out here." She said.

"I can't leave New York yet." I laughed.

"You're not in New York now." She raised her eyebrows as we walked through the front door of her parents house. We'd spent a long deserving day getting our nails done and at the mall.

"I still have an apartment in New York. That I still pay rent at whether I'm there or not."

"So you can stop paying rent and come move to Toronto. Come on, Shawn would love it and so would I. Plus, all of my moms delicious food." Aaliyah and I made our way up the stairs to her room and I was slowly becoming convinced.

Living in Toronto didn't seem like such a bad idea, but I also loved New York so much. New York had been my home my entire life and even though I didn't live in the city my whole life, it felt like I did. Growing up in upstate New York still meant my dad brought me down to the city at least twice a month. As much as I loved Toronto, I loved New York more. Plus, i still had a lot of work in New York. There was a VS headquarters in New York and Los Angeles. Which meant work was right around the corner for me.

"Maybe one day, but definitely not now." I said, sitting on her bed, "Maybe when my modeling days end."

"Your modeling days are never gonna end." Aaliyah lay on the bed next to me and got her phone out.

"The past month her has been really relaxing and I love it, but I still have a lot of work to do in New York." I lay down next to her and stared at the ceiling. "You should come spend a week with me in New York sometime."

"That sounds really fun." She replied.

"It'd be nice having you out there. Maybe when Shawn's on tour. We could go upstate to my cabin, too."