a small problem on a big night

liked by aaliyahmende

liked by aaliyahmende.s, shawnmendes, andrewgertler and 1,743,210 more.

blakerossi london, I'm in you 🇬🇧

shawnmendes can you figure out what hair color you wanna have already

blakerossi    I'm definitely going blonde again after tonight🤷🏼‍♀️

view 84,329 more comments

Shawn and I woke up extra early to head to his parents house to surprise Aaliyah for her birthday. We told her we were gonna be out of town and that we wouldn't make it, but it all of course was just a cover up.

We arrived around 7 in the morning with her favorite breakfast and sat in the living room with Karen.

Manny had gone out to get Aaliyah's birthday present since he couldn't pick it up until this morning, so we all just sat around talking about the day and waiting for her to wake up.

I was a little nervous, because I'd be meeting more of Shawn's family today. Karen was having her sisters and nieces over, and not to mention I'd be meeting Shawn's grandmother today as well and we'd be flying home with her back to Europe since Shawn had to attend the EMAs.

I always hated when i had to meet any more of Shawn's family, it always stressed me out to the max. My biggest fear was any member of Shawn's family not liking me. If I didn't have his family's approval then I'd feel like it wasn't okay if we were together.

It was also a nice surprise for Shawn's grandmother to come from Europe since she couldn't make it out to Aaliyah's birthdays that often.

"When is your grandmother going to be here?" I asked, looking down at the time on my phone.

"Babe, you need to calm down." Shawn laughed, and rested his hand on my knee. "She's gonna love you and she's been dying to meet you."

"I know, I just get so stressed when it comes to meeting your family." I sighed, sinking into the couch.

"Oh, trust me, we know." Karen piped in as she came from the kitchen, "Shawn told me all about how stressed you were when he was going to bring you home for Christmas."

"Imagine you didn't bring me home for Christmas, do you think we'd be where we are now?" I asked.

"I personally think that you guys would have found your way to each other somehow." Karen said, a smile on her face.

"I think she's right. After those first few times I visited you in New York, I knew I wanted to be with you." Shawn took my hand in his and looked at Karen with a smile.

"It's just so odd to me how this all worked out." I shrugged. "You and I have both changed so much as people."

"You both have changed for the better. You each make each other better people day by day. You grow together and to be quite fair, it's beautiful." Karen said.