delivery with a delay

5 months and 3weeks later: may 8, 2024•

liked by blakemendes, karenmendes, andrewgertler and 7,829,013 more

shawnmendes    i remember Blake sending me this when our boys were still very very small, now she's grown so much and so have theres only 2 more months till we bring Kai and Luke into this beautiful world💙

blakemendes    aw I miss when my belly was this little

view 1,930,211 more comments

"Good morning, babe. Are you feeling okay?" Shawn asked as he came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm feeling okay." I replied as continued to mix up the pancake batter.

"I can make breakfast you know." Shawn pointed out.

"I know you can, but you have to remember I'm literally so sensitive to everything right now, Your cooking would probably make me throw up." I looked up at him.

"You're right, maybe you should cook." Shawn laughed and walked towards me, resting his hands on my big belly from behind. "How are my boys doing?"

"Very active this morning," I sighed, "They're kicking my ribs as usual, but it hurts extra bad this morning."

"We're one day closer to meeting them, just think of it that way." Shawn said resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I wish they would be here already. You're funny if you think we're having a girl like we talked about when we were 19." I glanced back at him, a playful smile on my face.

"Noo, we need to have a girl." Shawn pouted.

"I don't think think my body can handle another pregnancy." I mocked his pout, "As much as I'd love to see you with a baby girl, I'm barely making it through this one."

Carrying the twins has been absolutely stressful and uncomfortable feeling in the world. It was stressful solely for the fact that being pregnant with twins brought a lot of health risks not only for me but for the twins as well. I had become anemic, my blood pressure was always high. Being pregnant with the twins has increased my chances of miscarriage which absolutely terrified me.

They could also get tangled up in the umbilical cord or get stuck or have twin-to-twin transfusion which could mean that one of them was getting more blood and nutrients than the other and that could hurt the other. Or one thing that was bad for all of us which was if they came too early.

When they were kicking it felt absolutely magical, other times it felt like one of my ribs would literally break.

"I know we both want a girl, but we can't plan it. What if it's a boy? I'm completely surprised that we're having twins." I turned around the face him, licking some of the batter off my finger.