the media mayhem

liked by aaliyahmende

liked by aaliyahmende.s, mattcammick_, shawnmendes and 403,865 more.

blakerossi so blessed to have been apart of such a cool project w my best friend. so proud of this song and also the video comes out today😇

shawnmendes love you💙

view 16,786 more comments

Laying low with Shawn wasn't much different than how it was before we actually starting dating. Nothing really changed. We were just hiding our relationship from the public if that makes sense.

The music video released today which was nerve racking, but the feedback was already so good. I was scared for nothing.

Shawn and I were going back to Toronto to see his family and I'm sure they were ready to see us too. Shawn had yet to tell any of them about our new relationship status, but I think Aaliyah was catching along.

After getting to Shawn's condo and dropping off our things, we made the 30 minute drive to Pickering. I was excited to see his family. I was never not excited.

"Are you nervous to tell them?" He asked. He had one hand on the steering wheel, the other resting on my thigh.

"Definitely. But I think they'll be happy. Like you said, they've been waiting for it." I rested my hand over his, looking out the window.

I loved the scenery in Toronto. It was so different from New York.

The drive was peaceful, Shawn was just singing quietly to the radio and I just listened. His voice was so soothing. His stage presence was so different than when we were just in the car, obviously.

When we got there, I got out, leaving Shawn behind and ran into the house. "We're here!" I called as I ran into the kitchen where I knew Karen would be.

She turned around and held her arms open. I smiled widely as I hugged her tightly. After the sound of the front door slamming shut came the second time, Aaliyah was downstairs almost instantly.

She ran right past Shawn and latched onto me who was still latched onto Karen.

"I'm feeling the love, guys thanks." Shawn said sarcastically, before engulfing Manny in a hug.

Shawn and I switched places and I hugged Manny while he hugged Karen and Aaliyah. Ever since the first time Shawn brought me here, I always loved coming back. They were like my second family. I had been on my own since I was 16 and it was always relieving to come to Pickering and be surrounded by family.