a party and a special request

liked by shawnmendes, aaliyahmende

liked by shawnmendes, aaliyahmende.s, aminahvasse, and 438,145 more.

blakerossi   🤘🏼

shawnmendes   are those jeans?

aaliyahmende.s  @shawnmendes no, they're genes

view 18,103 more comments

When Shawn and I split from Aaliyah and Karen, we got back to my apartment as quickly as possible. Even thought I had been here for the past week, it still felt good coming home after every time I left. I didn't get spend that much time here anymore, between the press tour and all of the time I spent with Shawn. I was basically paying rent for nothing at this point.

"Okay, so, this is gonna sound wild and you're probably gonna say no, but I thought I'd at least ask." Shawn finally spoke as he was pouring a big bag of m&ms into a big pink bowl I had gotten specifically for today.

"Um, okay..." I glanced up at him as I was cutting a block of cheese to go with some little crackers.

"So you know that new song I finished while we were in Bali?" He asked, leaning against the counter, facing me.

"Yes, the same song I still haven't heard yet." I kept my eyes on what I was doing, a small smile playing at my lips.

"Yes! That song. Okay," Shawn was nervous, I could tell, I just didn't know about what, "You know how every single has a music video right?"

"Yes." I replied.

"I wanted to know if you would," he paused taking a deep breath, "I wanted to know if you'd be in it."

"You what?" I dropped the knife in my hand and looked up at him.

"I wanted to know if you'd be in it. It'd be so fun, a whole music video just with us two! I couldn't imagine this video with anyone else." Shawn immediately started ranting, probably because he knew I'd be skeptical about his request.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

As much as I would love be in a music video with Shawn, I was trying to pull myself away from media that involved him. I was doing so good the past month without every other day a headline about us came out. I couldn't imagine what an entire video would do to the media.

"Of course it's a good idea. Do you think I'd be asking you if it wasn't? Please? Please? Pleeeeeeeease," he grabbed my hand holding it up to his lips, "Come on, please."

"Okay, fine just stop doing that." I yanked my hand away from him, laughing.

"We can call Andrew tomorrow to talk about it. Thank god." Shawn walked back to his side of the counter and continued putting snacks into pink and white bowls.