promise rings, first times, & confessions

liked by shawnmendes, victoriassecret, michelledavis and 708,973 more

blakerossi    it's moving day💜

aaliyahmende.s  finally!! told you it would happen😤

view 12,318 more comments

After Shawn's birthday, we almost immediately went back to New York to pack up my apartment. The good thing was that they had been waiting on me to renew my lease anyways so I just ended it all together.

Karen, Manny and Aaliyah all flew out too to help me pack. The feeling was beautiful to have all the people I loved and cared about in my New York City apartment, helping me pack up to move where they live.

I, more than anything, would be sad to leave a city I had known like the back of my hand since I was 5 years old. I had grew up here and to finally be leaving after 19 years felt strange. I was moving to a city that I had only met last year.

I was moving in with my boyfriend.

That sounded so weird to me.

Shawn and I sat in my room, putting my clothes into suitcases while Karen and Manny packed up the living room.

"You know what I'm most excited for?" Shawn asked.

"What?" I replied, as I continued to go through my drawers separating clothes I didn't want versus the clothes I would take with me. I would just take these to Ivy's apartment before I left so when she finally returned, she could have them.

"The condo is so me." He said and I gave him a confused look, "It's gonna be fun to make it more us."

"That was cute." I laughed, "How long did it take you to come up with that?"

"I was thinking about it over our break." He said and I stopped what I was doing and looked at him, "I realized that I wanted to marry you one day over our break. And I realized too how life would be so great with you, like when you finally moved in, or if I moved in with you, making those small changes to wherever we lived just to make it more us."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I smiled, my heart warming up a million degrees.

"I ask myself that a lot." Shawn smiled as I leaned over and kissed him softly.

The entire day was spent packing and it was done fairly quickly between the 5 of us. Karen and I cooked dinner for the last time in the apartment and we all sat down to eat at the table.

"It's gonna be exciting having you so close, Blake." Aaliyah said.

"I know right," I replied, "Now we really can hang out all the time."