Chapter 3

Taehyung's POV

Before I even knew it, a wide smile was spread across my face as I watched Sae-Young drop her corgi (which I think is named Chopa) onto the floor of the hospital. Chopa trotted up to a large brown Labrador and proceeded to boop her nose with the lab's. The brown Labrador raised its paw, resting it on Chopa's head as she laid on the floor in front of it.

My eyes landed on Sae-Young who grabbed A white lab coat from the coat rack by the door before slipping it over her indigo blazer. She pulled her brown locks out of her coat and draped it over her back. I smiled as I saw her eyes lit up with adoration as they landed on the brown lab playing with Chopa. She motioned to the couple with the lab to follow her to the back rooms. Once she was out of sight, I started on my way back to the house.

No matter how hard I tried to focus on my job, the thoughts inside my head kept wandering back to Sae-Young, the freshman who was already working in a veterinarian hospital. Something was telling me that she was special, but it wasn't something like love at first, though I was dying for that kind of thing. Well, it was kinda like love at first sight, but that only played a part in it. My hunch was a strong and reliable feeling, and it was telling me not to leave her alone.

Unfortunately, I have no choice but to leave her on her own. As much as I hate to do so, I have to follow Hyung's rule. I growled at myself for falling for Sae-Young's sweet smile and beautiful black eyes. It was too hard to resist her adorable voice as she laughed with me.

Focus Taehyung...

I shook my head, ridding my thoughts of the young freshman, and continued walking towards home. I need to get back quickly, or Hyung won't be happy with me.

Practically running towards the mansion, I made it back in a matter of a couple minutes. Slowing to a walk, I approached the gate and opened it using the keypad. A loud beep allowed me to enter our property, and I closed the door behind me. I entered the house, kicking my shoes off before setting them down neatly on the shoe rack.

"Hyung, you're back," Jungkook greeted, coming out from the kitchen with a half-eaten apple.

I hummed out a response, hanging my jacket in the closet by the door.

Jimin came out of the kitchen a short time later, with a raised eyebrow. He looked at me with concerned eyes, standing between Jungkook and me.

"You okay Tae?" he asked me. "You seem a little... sad."

"I'm okay Jiminie," I sighed, the thoughts of Sae-Young plaguing my head. "It's nothing..."

Jimin placed his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it in a comforting manner. He was very skilled in making observations; whether it was witnessing changes in a room or shifts in people's moods. Right now, I knew he could sympathize with my feelings, but he didn't push me further.

"Hyungs will be back soon," Jimin told me. "Go grab something to eat, you've been out all day."

I nodded walking past the two and into the kitchen. Jin Hyung had some leftovers from last night's dinner saved for me, so I could eat that. Digging around the fridge, I found it in the back corner with my name written on a sticky note stuck to the lid. Smiling at Jin's motherly actions, I took off the lid and popped it into the microwave.

A short time later, the Hyungs came back and we gathered in the meeting room lasted in the basement. Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon looked exhausted, as they have been going from town to town looking for the person who has been causing us so much trouble. From they ways their faces were fatigued, things didn't go as they had liked to. It's a terrible feeling, not catching him after so many years and we still don't know who he really is. His identity is elusive, no matter how many resources we put into tracking the man down, nothing came up.

"No luck Hyungs?" Jungkook asked, resting his arms on the armrests of his chair.

Yoongi Hyung groaned, dropping his forehead onto the table. It was obvious what he was feeling; pure exhaustion since he probably hasn't slept well during their trip.

"The man is an expert in scapegoating," Namjoon Hyung sighed. "Every time we think we're getting close, he's always a step ahead."

"He could be right under our noses," Hoseok said, resting his head over the top of his chair.

Jin Hyung snapped his fingers together as if he had a bright idea. We all directed his attention to him, waiting for him to elaborate.

"I think we should focus our search here in Seoul. It's possible he's returned here to pick up what he left off," he suggested. "Perhaps we could ask the others for some help? He's as much trouble to them as us."

"What are the chances he's here though?" Jimin questioned. "He could be out of the country at this point."

"Knowing what he's done in South Korea," I argued. "I doubt that he'll be able to leave without the authorities catching up with him. Besides, the security in first world countries are top notch, he wouldn't be able to start over."

"The only thing that's keeping him here is the black market and strong economy," Jungkook nodded.

"The best thing we can do now is to monitor gang activity in the country, but mainly focus on Seoul," Namjoon agreed. "Yoongi Hyung, I want you to monitor the mafia and gang activity, and investigate anything that seems suspicious. Hoseok and Jimin, you two keep our storeroom stocked with ammunition and weaponry. Jin Hyung, Taehyung and Jungkook, I want you to patrol the streets of the shopping district, business district and the city center, you can figure out who goes where. I will keep in touch with Got7, EXO and Stray Kids, just in case they turn up anything."

Everyone nodded, taking their jobs to heart.

Deep inside me, I was sort of happy, knowing that I had a chance of patrolling the shopping district, and I was going to make sure of it. I was mentally smiling, I had a chance of seeing Sae-Young again. But the problem is, she can't get involved with me, she'll be in danger. Sae-Young looks so young, she can't die because she has so much ahead of her.

However, my heart is yearning to see her smile again with dimples forming in her cheeks, and hear her honey-like voice. Curse my soft soul, she's breaking down my walls that are supposed to be kept up in times like this, and I barely even know her. Despite this, I'm not going to let her get hurt.