Chapter 53

Hey guys, Ao here once again! I'm here to let you all know that I will be unable to update next week on both Thursday and Friday, as I will be going on vacation starting on Wednesday. I'm not sure if the house I'm staying at will have Wi-Fi, so the only thing I can do pretty much is just write offline. I expect that I will be able to update normally the week after, so look forward to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quiet in the van while we were driving towards Geochang, except for the light conversation between Joon and Hobie, who was sitting behind us. I think we were ten minutes away from the mansion that we were staying at, but I wasn't sure because I was dozing off at that point. The entire drive was almost three and a half hours from Seoul, most of us were asleep or getting to that point. I knew for certain that Yoongi Oppa was asleep; he was curled up on his seat like a koala, cradling his neck pillow. He was right beside me, leaning on me slightly while I rested on my brother's shoulder. I felt comfortable snuggled between the two, there was a comforting warmth surrounding me. Chopa was resting on my lap again, but rested her head on Joon's thigh, adding to the warmth. Namjoon was holding my hand as I was sleeping, gently running his thumb over my knuckles. Jimin and Jungkook were also asleep behind us, resting on each other too. Jihee Unnie was resting right beside Hobie, laying her head on his lap as she slept. Jin Oppa and Unnie were in the front seats, making light conversation as well. The other gangs of the mafia were following behind us as well, in their own vans where I assumed everyone, except the drivers, were asleep as well.

The car came to a gentle stop after another few minutes, and I heard Oppa but the vehicle's brake in place.
"Alright kids, we're here," he announced.
I was far too tired to even react, much less wake up. Yoongi Oppa didn't even twitch either while he was beside me. In fact, I felt him latch his arm around mine, like a baby koala. Chopa was awake in an instant, her weight shifting around in my lap. From behind, Jungkook and Jimin woke up, their raspy voices reaching my ears. Joon gently shook my shoulder, trying to wake me up.
"Sae-Young ah, wake up," he cooed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
I opened my eyes and found the van parked outside a smaller mansion than ours. I guess it made sense to rent a smaller house, we didn't want to draw any more attention that would put the operation at risk. It was likely that all of us would have to share rooms, it was the only way for the entire mafia to fit into one house of this size. Besides us, I saw the other vans pull up, their engines turning off before the mafia members came out.

I quickly stepped out of the van with Joon's help, holding my hand while I set my feet down on the ground. A tiny yawn left my mouth, my face scrunching up as Namjoon playfully ruffled my hair. Yoongi Oppa was carried out by Hobie, the older boy hanging over his shoulder, with his sister following. Oppa was still asleep, cradling his neck pillow. Jungkookie and Jiminie hopped out of the van right behind me, yawns also escaping their lips while stretching. We all started on our way towards the house's doors, where I followed closely behind my brother with Kookie right beside me. The large group were following behind us, carrying their bags over their shoulders, and big cases of weapons, computer equipment, and medical equipment as well. My own bag hung loosely from my back, carrying my belongings, and a couple medical books.

Upon stepping into the house, we were greeted by five men. They appeared to be sitting on the couch prior to our arrival, judging from the indents on the couches in the living room by the front door. The five men stood up and walked towards us, friendly smiles on their faces. Glancing towards Joon, he returned their expression and walked towards one of them before giving them a brotherly hug.
"Thanks so much for doing this," Namjoon said thoughtfully.
"It's no problem," the man, who I assumed the leader of SHINee said, shaking his head. "The Go's have been a plague on Geochang for years, something needed to be done. Honestly, we are confident and have no doubt that you will rescue Taehyung and eliminate the Go's and their legacy once and for all."
"Thank you," Joon said bowing slightly.

I witnessed a younger looking boy, with black hair peek around his friends and look and Unnie and myself. His black eyes turned curious, as well as his head tilting to the side.
"I see some new faces," he announced, drawing the other four men's attention.
"Hello," Unnie and I said, bowing slightly.
"Joon's little sister?" A blonde man asked, pointing towards me, then directing his finger to Unnie. "Aaaand- Jin's girl?"
I tilted my own head in amazement and curiosity, wondering how he made correct observations. It's possible that he was skilled in analyzing situations, or we were just being obvious. Taking a quick glance to Jin Oppa and Unnie, they were standing right by each other and holding hands. That was a sure sign that they were a couple, but how did he deduce that Joon and I were siblings? Maybe it was because of the earrings that we both wore, or maybe our faces were similar. Either way, I am amazed that he made those observations.
"Your skills never fail to impress," the man beside him said, wearing a black had with rings hanging from it. "Minho-ssi."
"It's just obvious," Minho sighed.

After talking a little bit more, SHINee Oppas left, heading back to their own house. I had learned their names, the leader is named Onew, I had already heard Minho's name, the one with the black hat was Jonghyun, the one with brown, split hair was Key, and the maknae was called Taemin. They were incredibly close to our family but decided to leave the mafia in order to focus on their peaceful lives. My parents and the other gangs agreed it was for the best that they lived in peace without having to worry about mafia business; so they helped them dive into the shadows sort to speak, providing them with a place to live, and jobs to work. However, they made a promise that SHINee would repay our kindness if we needed it. Now, they provided us with a house to stay in while we executed Operation Geochang, fulfilling their promise. Everyone was grateful for their accommodations, and I heard Namjoon mention to us that if they ever needed anything, we would help them out.

The members of SHINee were nice and wonderful, it was a privilege to meet them. Jonghyun and Minho were gawking over me, but not in a rude manner. They kept complimenting me about how adorable and "bite-sized" I was. Meanwhile, Jimin, Taemin and Kai were jumping around in a circle, hands joined together and cheering in excitement. From the looks of things, they were really close friends, much like childhood friends that haven't seen each other for years. Meanwhile, my brother was talking to Onew and Key, probably discussing something that I wasn't listening to.

After having a big dinner, courtesy of the oldest Oppas, we all decided to relax before gearing up for the mission tomorrow. Everyone was already ready to set out for the Go's building, get Taehyung out of there, and possibly blow up the place as well. Of course, that might happen only if everyone was safely out and accounted for. I was shocked to hear their plans of destroying the building, I didn't think that the mafia would do something like that. Apparently, I was wrong.

Right now, I was just sitting on the bed in Namjoon's and I's shared room, playing with Chopa as the sun was close to setting. Chopa was gnawing on a light blue pull rope, occupying all of her attention. I reached out towards her, taking the tips of her ears in between my fingers and rubbing them. A confident smile came up on my face, thinking about the mission tomorrow.
"We got this Chopa," I chimed, where she looked up and gave me a playful bark. "We're gonna get Taehyung back, and stop the Go's once and for all."
I lifted Chopa up, much like Simba from the Lion King, and looked up at her.
"Then I'll need to look into something."

Rest in Peace Jonghyun