Chapter 36

Sae-Young's POV
Taehyung cradled me in his lap, my head resting on his stomach. He was drying my freshly washed hair with a towel but was gentle because he was still injured. Taehyung dried my hair thoughtfully, taking care of each bundle of strands until they were less than damp. Once he was finished, he slowly ran his fingers through it, combing out the tangles and knots. I didn't wince at all when he hit a snag, he delicately unknotted it before carrying on. I laid on his lap quietly, missing him and my brother so much. For an entire week, I did hear their voices at all; I couldn't get it out of my mind that something was missing. During the seven day period, I couldn't see their smiles or feel their happiness. It was just empty.

When Taehyung came into the room after I let him in, he engulfed me in a tight hug. It was something that I haven't felt for what seemed to be a long time, I broke down in tears upon smelling remnants of his signature cologne. I cried a lot of tears into his chest, but he also cried a lot. He was injured, but that didn't stop him from swinging me around. After we stopped crying, he pulled me over to the bed, telling me to lay down in his lap. But as he was drying my hair, I felt a little guilty; he noticed how much weight I lost over the past week. I just couldn't bring myself to eat, or even sleep. My mind was always on Taehyung and Namjoon.

Tae threw the towel onto a nearby chair without it falling off. He turned his attention back to me, running his hand along my arm. His hands felt so warm against my cold skin, contrasting the temperatures like a black and white painting.
"Jagiyah," he whispered, cupping my cheek. "Hyung told us that you haven't been eating or sleeping."
I buried my face into his stomach, ashamed of how I let myself go. Things were too hard for me to handle, I just drowned in the deep end for a little while. Taehyung placed his hands on top of my head, caressing my hair.
"I know it was difficult for you to see Hyung and I in those states. It wasn't easy for me either that night when I brought you here. But Sae-Young, even if we are severely injured and unconscious, you still need to take care of yourself. We aren't going to leave you, so don't treat yourself like we did. I hate seeing you like this, fragile and weakened because we were sleeping for a while. None of us will ever leave you, so just wait for us if we do fall unconscious."

The way Taehyung spoke, it was mature and smooth. It was almost as if he was a top-notch lawyer, winning every single case with a mellifluous voice. His tone was soaked in confidence and reassurance, never wavering. Yet, he spoke gently as well, afraid that if he were to raise his voice, I could shatter like glass. I wrapped my arms around his waist, starting to tear up again.
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I hiccuped out.
"It's okay jagi... Please stop crying..."

Taehyung held my hand firmly as we stood in front of the first-floor infirmary. He told me that Namjoon is awake, and was waiting for me to see him. He added that they woke up around the same time. Taehyung's grip around my hand tightened in a comforting manner, telling me that everything would be okay. He looked down at me with soft eyes, urging me to go inside.

Upon entering the room, I saw SeokJin Oppa cleaning Joon's wound on his lower abdomen. They didn't notice me at first, because from the angle I was standing at, I could see them, but they couldn't see me. Joon winced in pain when Oppa dabbed a cotton ball onto his stitched up wound. A few hisses left his mouth as well, but no swears left his lips. If he were to swear, SeokJin Oppa would let him have it. I heard him opening a bandage packet, and I could assume he stuck to his stomach.
"There all done," Oppa spoke.
"Thanks, Hyung," my brother replied.
"I'll see if Sae-Young ah is feeling better to come to see you," SeokJin said.
SeokJin Oppa soon came out of the curtained space, coming face to face with me. A soft smile graced his lips, seeing that I was feeling a little better. He walked up to me, patting my head in a friendly matter. Oppa nodded his head towards my brother's bed.
"I'll give you two some privacy," he whispered, leaving the tray full of medical supplies on the closest counter.

Taking a deep breath, I bunched up the white curtain in my hand. With a single flick of my wrist, I pulled it aside. Almost immediately, my gaze met Namjoon's. His eyes were fearful, yet soft, he was most likely afraid of what I was going to say to him. To be honest, I didn't know what to say myself. Of course, I was angry at them for getting hurt, but I was also glad and relieved that they were alive. I gulped down the large lump in my throat that was stopping any words from coming up. My fists clenched tightly, turning white from the decreased blood flow. I looked at Namjoon with tearful eyes; he replied by opening his arms widely opting for a hug.

I ran into his embrace, but I was also careful of his wounds. His arms wrapped tightly around me as I buried my face into his bare shoulder. I've lost count of how many times I cried today, but I didn't care; my tears were a happy sadness. Namjoon ran his hand through my locks as a method to comfort me. He rested his head against mine as I continued to cry, feeling his hair tickle my ear.
"I'm sorry baby girl," Namjoon apologized.
"I-I... Was... S-So scared..." I gasped out, trying to take a breath.
"It's okay now, we're here, we're alive."
Namjoon cupped my face in his hands, wiping my tears away with his thumbs. His features had grown soft like a teddy bear, reminding me of how much of a softie he was for me when we were kids. Despite how injured he was, he still had the strength to flash me a sincere smile.

"Don't cry anymore," he spoke quietly. "We won't be going anywhere anytime soon."