Chapter 35

"Take it easy, okay you three?" Jin said, addressing I.N, HyunJin and Bang Chan. "Get some rest and clean your wounds."
"Alright, thank you Hyung and Noona," they all bowed in gratitude.
Stray Kids were the last ones to leave the mansion, heading back to their own homes. EXO and Got7 had left a couple of days prior, leaving Bangtan and Eun-Lee to take care of the younger mafia members. Everyone had recovered like Jin had hoped, except for Namjoon and Taehyung. It had been a week since the casino raid, yet they were still asleep.

Jin walked back into the medical station, softly closing the door behind him. His eyes fell on Sae-Young, who was sitting between the two, holding their hands. Her face was blank of any emotion, only staring at the floor. Jin had walked up to her, noticing the state she was in; she had lost a lot of weight over the past week, dropping from ninety-eight pounds to eighty-two pounds. She was already too light for her age, and it's getting worse. The girl has gotten really quiet, not joining in many conversations. Her skin had begun to turn paler than Yoongi's, simply because she was lacking a decent amount of sleep. She has just been sitting in the infirmary, waiting for them to wake up. Jin crouched down in front of her, placing his hands on her knees. He looked up at her with saddened eyes, she was suffering because the two people she cares about the most were unconscious and might not wake up again.
"Sae-Young ah," he whispered. "You need to eat and sleep."
She shook her head.
"I know you're worried about these two," Jin acknowledged. "But you need to take care of yourself as well. You've lost so much weight, and you're losing sleep."
She started tearing up. Jin stood up, pulling her into a hug.
"It's not easy seeing you're loved ones in this state, I get it," Jin said. "It's hard on all of us, and it's not getting any easier. But they're safe, Namjoon and Taehyung are in our care, nothing will happen to them."

Sae-Young took his words to heart. Thought she is worried, she can trust Jin and Eun-Lee to take care of them. They are the best people to rely on in this situation, and they are devoted to taking care of their patients.
"I'll take care of them okay hon?" Jin said. "Go get something to eat, I don't want you to get sick either."

Sae-Young walked glumly down the stairs, taking each step slowly. She felt so empty over the past week, it's like her soul left her body. Even as she went to university, she barely answered any questions or volunteered to lead any labs. Her heart was on the verge of shattering because her brother and love were still asleep. She knows that things like this happen to people who go into shock, but she never expected to happen to them. Her meek soul wasn't ready for it, and it all came crashing down like a tsunami. She was drowning, but not in the violence of the underground. The girl was drowning in her own sorrow. Unless those two wakes up, she can't swim out of it.

Yoongi met her at the bottom of the stairs, catching her as she made a tiny stumble. He frowned at her appearance; it reminded him of how he was when he was younger. The older man could relate to how she was feeling; his past wasn't easy and seeing Sae-Young like this reminded him of it. He recalled the times where his father was dead drunk, causing chaos inside his old house. A young Yoongi always cowered in fear from his father's rage fits, hiding under his bed. Because of his father's alcohol addiction, they didn't have any money for food. Yoongi was really thin when he was younger, just as thin as Sae-Young.
"Are you alright short stuff?" he asked a little cautiously, helping her back on her feet.
Yoongi only frowned when she shook her head; he knew she was hurting the most.
"Come into the kitchen," he said, taking her hand. "I'll make you something to eat."

Yoongi watched as she ate her sandwich slowly like he had told her. He didn't want her to get sick from eating too fast. Sae-Young took small bites, both because of Yoongi's warning and the fact that she wasn't all that hungry; it tasted good, but her mind was saying otherwise.

After she finished eating, she went to bed, because Yoongi had forced her to.

...

Taehyung's POV
My head felt like it was going to explode when I felt myself waking up. A heavy throbbing beat my head, making me wince in pain. As I tried to sit up, my entire body felt sore and I chose not to try that again. I was in the infirmary, the curtains weren't drawn, allowing me to see my surroundings. The shelves of the infirmary were looking a little more empty than usual, very few vials of medicine were occupying it. The bandage packets were almost finished as well. Looking down, and sure enough, there was a bandage slapped to the right side of my chest.

That's right, I was shot.

"You awake Taehyung?" I heard someone call from my left.
"Namjoon Hyung..." I gasped.

I didn't notice this earlier, but the leader was occupying the bed beside me. If he was here too, then he must have gotten injured as well. He had a blanket over him, so I couldn't see where he was stabbed or shot exactly. Just like me, he had an IV stuck in his arm, along with a clear bag of fluid and a blood bag. He looked paler but not as pale as my own skin.
"How long have we been out?" I asked.
Namjoon Hyung looked towards the digital clock, squinting to see the date.
"Almost a week..."
I covered my mouth in shock and looked at my Hyung with wide eyes.
"Oh my god, Sae-Young..." he whispered.

Eun-Lee Noona suddenly came into the room, meeting our eyes with a surprised expression. She walked into the room, leaving the door open behind her. Noona grabbed a chair and sat in front of us.
"How are you two feeling?" she asked.
"We're sore Noona," I answered.
"You guys were out for quite a while, but your injuries are healing well," Noona nodded.
"Are you my sister's Unnie?" Namjoon asked.
"Yes," she answered simply.

Jin Hyung came into the room after a few seconds, greeting us with a relieved smile. Hyung stood beside Noona, his eyes wondering over our bandaged bodies. Despite his earlier smile, his eyes still held a spark of worry. Something must have happened while we were unconscious.
"Where's Sae-Young?" Noona asked, turning around to look up at him.
"She's taking a bath," he answered.
I gulped, trying to sit up again. Jin Hyung rushed over to me, helping me in a sitting position.
"Sae-Young, how's Sae-Young?" I asked frantically.
"Is she okay?" Namjoon added.

I noticed how Eun-Lee Noona and Jin Hyung looked at each other with hesitant expressions. Jin Hyung cared for Sae-Young like she was his daughter, always worrying about her well being. Noona was the same, she treated her like she was a little sister, taking care of her even before she met me. When those expressions plagued their faces, Sae-Young wasn't doing so well.

Jin Hyung helped me up the stairs and towards Sae-Youngie's room. He and Noona didn't say anything about her condition to us, that made both Hyung and I all the more worried. Hyung thought it would be better for me to see for myself. However, as much as I missed her, I was afraid to see what had happened to her. Jin helped me stand in front of her door, placing his hand on my shoulder. He looked at me with a concerned flame in his eyes.
"Be gentle with her Tae," he warned me before walking back downstairs.

I slowly knocked on her door, hearing the sound echo through the hall. Inside the room, I heard tiny sounds of shuffling before light footsteps approached the door. The doorknob jiggled before the door cracked open slightly. My gaze fell upon a pair of exhausted eyes, ones that looked soulless. I felt myself tearing up from the sight of her; the face had become thinner, and there were bags under her charcoal eyes.
"Jagiyah..." I whispered out. "C-Can I come in?"
She avoided my gaze, her hand gripping the door tightened.
"Sae-"
"I-I'm not d-decent..." she replied in a petite voice.
A red-hot blush came over my cheeks and an embarrassed gasp escaped my lips. I spun myself around, facing Hobie Hyung's door. My face was burning like an intense flame; I should have asked if she was decent first! Though I have seen her without a done up shirt, I would never see it without her permission. Gosh, I feel like an idiot!

But I could feel a relieved smile stare at my back before the door closed softly.