Chapter 41

The next morning, I heard a heavy banging on my bedroom door. My eyes fluttered open during the disturbance, rubbing them free of my previous sleep. My entire body felt sore, especially my legs; I could barely move them. Small bruises along my skin were tender as I ran my hand along my throat, but the tingles of Taehyung's touch could still be felt. As I tried to get up, a strong pair of arms kept me against a firm chest.
"Stop moving..." A deep raspy voice whispered against my ear.
Chills ran up and down my spine when Taehyung's fingers pressed into my stomach and my upper chest. He pressed his lips onto my shoulder, starting to suck on my skin, forming another hickey. Before I could even let out another gasp, yelling behind the door was heard.

"YAH! Namjoon! Your sister and Taehyung aren't answering!" Yoongi Oppa began to yell. "Go get the keys!"
Taehyung suddenly shot up, bringing me up with him, but instinctually pulled the blanket over my bare body. His chest also pressed against my back, covering it with his front. He still had his arms hooked around my waist and torso as he yelled.
"Hyung! We're up! We're up!" he announced, burying his face into the crook of my neck, letting out a deep breath.
"Hurry up you two!" Oppa yelled. "We have things to discuss!"
Once we heard his footsteps fade down the hall, our tense bodies had relaxed. I am so thankful I locked the door last night, it would not have been good if he burst into the room and saw us without clothes. It would have been worse if it was Namjoon. I gave a heavy sigh, letting my body hunch forward. Taehyung buried his face into my hair, inhaling the scent of my shampoo.
"Gosh... That was close," I heard him mutter. "Hyungs wouldn't be happy if they found out about this..."
"Tae... You did use protection right?"
"Of course I did," he answered right away. "We didn't talk about kids, it would be unfair if I did that to you."
"Thanks Ta,e," I said, turning to peck his forehead.
"Let's get cleaned up," he suggested.

...

I let out a tired yawn after freshening up. Everyone was already at the breakfast table, waiting for Unnie and Jin Oppa to finish cutting the fruits. Chopa had jumped onto my lap, planting her head right against my stomach. Taehyung was still feeling a little tired, his head swaying back and forth. He was really tired, I couldn't blame him. I noticed how everyone else looked as well; they were exhausted as well, some of them still wearing their black mission clothes.

"When did you get back?" I asked.
"Only an hour ago..." Hobie yawned.
My mouth gaped open, it was almost nine, and they only got back an hour earlier. They haven't slept at all since yesterday.
"What were you doing?" I questioned, concerned about their well-being.
"Investigating Taehyung's situation," my brother answered.
Beside me, Taehyung tensed up. The very mention of his name caught his attention, snapping him awake. I remembered what he told me last night; he ran away from that house and was taken in by Bangtan. His adoptive parents have been looking for him, and won't take him back without a fight. But why are they so desperate in wanting Taehyung back? They did nothing good for him, abusing him because he was trying his best and not being perfect. Those people have no right to demand such a thing.
"Unfortunately Taehyung," my brother continued with a sigh. "They are coming for you."

Taehyung grew silent in his chair, his gaze dropping to his lap. His body started to quiver; I could feel the fear and anxiety running through his veins. Even though I placed my hand on his thigh, he was unresponsive. It took him minutes to be finally able to utter a single word.
"W-why...?" he coaxed in a raspy voice.
I pressed my lips into a thin line, afraid of what the answer was going to be.
"Marriage," Yoongi Oppa answered, his fists clenching tightly on the table. "The only reason they adopted you was because they were infertile, they couldn't have kids of their own. They tried to raise you in their image, but clearly, it didn't work. Their plans for you were to marry a way older woman, guaranteeing their wealth and to produce an heir."
Taehyung suddenly slammed his fists onto the table, making me flinch violently. In fact, his sudden outburst scared everyone at the table. Never had I ever witnessed, or known Taehyung to get angry. This was definitely a first, but deep down, I can't blame him. In the corner of my eyes, I could see his sharp jaw clench tightly, his mandible popping out. His veins budged out, threatening to burst. A flame of anger and discontentment burned in his eyes, contributing to his demeanour. What I wasn't expecting was him to jump up to his feet, knocking his chair backwards. He hid his eyes as he stomped out of the kitchen; I could hear his heavy feet up the stairs, following a loud door slam.

We all looked at each other, with both worried and guilty eyes. I had a feeling they knew Taehyung wouldn't take this news well, and that he would get upset. We all knew what his past was like; the only reason for it was for just to produce an heir with a woman much older than him. His parents didn't care about him, only the money and to continue whatever it is they are doing. It made me sick, just hearing their horrible plan for Taehyung. He's been through so much, suffering for so many years. He's finally found happiness with us, no they're trying to take it away from him.
"Why do they need a child?" I squeaked out, staring at my empty plate.
"To continue their drug business," Jin grimaced.

After hearing that, I lost my appetite. His adoptive parents dealt with drugs...? Taehyung was so close to their business, I was so scared for him. It was highly possible that they drugged him many times, without him realizing. But, he wasn't having any relapsed because of it if he was administered drugs. He has been behaving completely normal as if he didn't take any drugs at all.
"They didn't drug him Sae-Young ah..." Namjoon said, placing his hand on my head and snapping me out of my thoughts. "He was aware of what the effects of drugs were, and he never experienced it."
That still didn't make me feel better.