Chapter 14

Namjoon's POV
I couldn't believe what had happened in the span of only ten hours:

Firstly, Chan was kind enough to give us the info we had been looking for (the information on the man we've been hunting down). Our guy had been here in Seoul all along and was only using look multiple look-alikes to lead us on and distract the mafia. It had given him all the time in the world to put some sort of plan into effect, but that is still elusive to us. Right now, we're sitting ducks in this situation.

Secondly, I get word from Suho Hyung that he lost his casino to an enemy mafia, and they have to stay in our building in the business district. It isn't much of a problem if they stay in our building since it is in our agreement terms, but the problem is the casino. That was our most reliable source of revenue for all four groups of the mafia, but now that it's enemy territory, we're losing money to support ourselves. While Stray Kids and Got7 run bars, it isn't enough to support the entire mafia. Since this is a time of a need for us, we have to take back the casino as soon as possible. That adds more stress to our plate.

However, this was NOT what I was expecting to come home to. I was not expecting to walk down the stairs, witnessing Jin, Taehyung and Jungkook trying to sneak a girl out of our house. They thought they were being slick, but the couldn't be more wrong; I knew something was up when Jin Hyung insisted that we head up to our rooms and get some rest the moment we stepped into the house. There was no way that Taehyung and Jungkook would have been sleeping at eight in the evening, they would be wide awake, causing trouble for Jimin. Yet here they are, defending a random girl, wearing Taehyung's clothes. It only angered me when they tried to reason with me.

"H-Hyung, w-we can explain," Jungkook stuttered, frozen like a deer in headlights.
"Explain what?!" I roared, grabbing at his shirt, not caring if he was the youngest out of all of us. "That you brought this girl into our house?!"
Jin pulled me off of Jungkook, shoving me back slightly while moving to stand in front of the two youngest boys.
"Namjoon ah, please come down," Jin tried to reason, but I wasn't having any of it.
I could only seethe in anger, watching Taehyung and Jungkook protect the girl while shaking in fear. Taehyung went as far as grabbing the girl's hand and pulling her behind him. My blood boiled deep in my veins, the heat building up, turning my face red as I continued to rage on. They knew the rules, they knew them by heart. For four years, we followed the most second most important rule: No innocents will be involved in our business, they deserve to live as if we didn't exist. If an innocent were to catch wind of our workings, we couldn't let them go. That's just how things are.

Yet, these three chose to go against the rules. They were fully aware of what would happen, but that didn't stop them. Jin, Taehyung, and Jungkook still brought this girl here, and let her stay. Who knows what they did, or what they told her, that's enough to keep her in the basement.

The others came down, half asleep, confused by my angered yelling. They questioned what was going on, but I ignored them.
"Why in the hell should I calm down?! You know all too well the rules we live by, yet you chose to omit them!" I screamed.
None of them could even utter a single argument, their faces twisted in guilt, but defiance. I couldn't take it anymore; I shoved all of them aside, ignoring their protests as they were knocked down to the floor. I didn't care if she was a female, she was intruding in our matters. I didn't care if I hurt her by grabbing her shoulder harshly, turned her around and shoving her up against the door. Her pained whimper didn't phase me as I stalked towards the tiny girl.

But one thing did stop me, and it came as a shock.

Before I knew it, a sting erupted in my left cheek, burning as if I was slapped by Jungkook. It came on strong and unexpected, my head swivelling quickly to the right. Never had I been slapped in the face, nor have I been slapped by a female, much smaller than me. My eyes widened in anger as I held my cheek, turning to face this little nuisance. I was ready to end her, snap her throat with my hand and drop her body to the floor. I wouldn't give two shits about Jin's Taehyung's or Jungkook's feelings, they brought her into this mess, they're going to pay.

But I froze. All my muscles in my once tense body had run cold, refusing to move even if I commanded them to. I couldn't move a single inch, meeting her charcoal eyes and acting like they've turned me to stone. I felt powerless, watching tears stream down her reddened cheeks and her hands turn into small fists. She looked at me with anger, the harsh emotion fuelling the fire burning in her eyes; my own previous anger didn't even dare try to challenge her. I felt weak to my stomach, my heart dropping flatline, and my throat running dry. No words could describe how I was feeling, but if I could choose one, it would be guilt. A heavy, overwhelming feeling of guilty, dropping on my shoulders and shooting me down into the dirt.

I just opted to kill my own sister...

"K-Kid... I-I..." I stuttered out, stepping and reaching towards her.

It hurt me, both emotionally and physically, feeling her slap my hand away and retreating backwards. As much as she tried to step away from me, the thing that was stopping her was the door, that I had just shoved her against. I know what I've just done, and tried to do; I'm ashamed of myself beyond belief. She didn't look at me at all, getting more angry with me as I only stood in front of her.

Clenching my fists tightly, I walked towards her and hauled her up onto my shoulder. Almost immediately, she began to thrash around in my grip, screaming profanities. I couldn't believe the words she shouted out, it only made me more guilty. I needed to speak with her myself, I ordered everyone to stay downstairs, at the expense of the everyone's feelings. Sae-Young continued to fight my grip even as I carried her to my room. She progressed to punching my back with hard fists, and I tried my best not to drop her as my back burned with pain. It was a struggle to open the door with a little sister thrashing around and punching me with all her might. But I had managed to safely carry her inside and put her down after closing the door behind me.

Even within the safety of my own room, Sae-Young still retreated away from me. Her posture told me that she felt trapped, stressed out and uncomfortable with the situation she was in. She didn't want to be here, much less within close proximity of me. I walked towards her before she hit the wall; grabbing her arm and pulling her into my chest. Sae-Young fought against my grip once again, trying to push me away and punching my chest.
"Stop Sae-Young," I begged, struggling to keep my hold around her.
"Let go of me!" She wheezed, her voice cracking from crying so much.
"I'm not going to," I breathed out, trying to act calmly.

I cupped the back of my sister's neck, squeezing it a little hard. (Sae-Young is particularly sensitive when it came to her neck. When I squeezed once when we were little, she momentarily loses feeling over her body. In this instance, it gave me enough time to prevent her from getting away.) Her legs suddenly grew weak, passing her weight into my arms. I easily caught her, setting her down in my lap and wrapped my arms around her tightly. It wasn't like my sister to give up, but she did, burying her face into my shirt. She continued to cry, whimpering and hiccuping; I just wanted to wipe her tears away, tell her not to cry anymore and hug her. But I can't. Even if I wanted to comfort her, it wouldn't make things better; I've done very little for her, if not nothing in the past four years. I've never been there for her, even during the funeral. I can never make up for those lost years, I can never wipe away all her shed tears, I can never say the things I should have said when mom and dad died. I should have been there, period.

"I'm sorry Sae-Young ah..." I whispered into her ear. "For everything; for not being there to protect you... For not being at mom and dad's funeral."
Sae-Young punched me weakly, giving up with every passing minute. Her crying has slowed down, but she hiccuped from time to time.
"I hate you... I hate you.." she whimpered, her voice growing quiet.
I felt my heart break into a million pieces, hearing those three words shoot from her mouth. Her tone was strong, despite her weakened mental state. I feared that she would say those words directed towards me, that she wouldn't look at me the same anymore. That she wouldn't rely on me anymore. That she wouldn't look up to me as an older brother anymore.

I blew it... I broke my promise Appa, Omma.

Even if she hated me, despised me, never wanted anything to do with me ever again, she's still my one and only baby sister.
"Even if you hate me, and want to cut ties with me... I will still love you because you're my blood."