Chapter 21

During breakfast, SeokJin Oppa informed me that after my third day of testing, we were going out to have dinner. Jungkook and Taehyung seemed excited about it; apparently, we were going to a fancy restaurant in the business district. I was unsure of it at first, I didn't really go to fancy places, such as restaurants or clothing stores. But the three of them convinced me that we should spend some time together. They haven't seen me much due to my evaluations and that I've just been going to bed right away since I was so exhausted by the time I came home. They were really happy when I agreed.

I smiled gingerly as I got ready for my third day at the university hospital. In my mind, I was running through my mental checklist. Today I had to check on Mr. Yeon, who broke his leg and is suffering from an infection, I needed to check on Mrs. Lee who had delivered her baby late last night, and Kim Jaehee, who has pneumonia. As well as that, I also had to check on the patients who come into the ER. Only three days left, and I finish my testing, hopefully, I pass.

As I pulled a light blue dress shirt onto my arms, Taehyung came into the room. I saw him come in through the mirror I was looking at; he had a sweet, boxy grin plastered on his face. He sauntered towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist. Taehyung was admiring the hickeys on my body; the red marks abundant on my upper chest area and a few under my bra, following a couple around my belly button. His ran his thumb over a hickey in the valley of my chest, where it formed a small heart. He stood up straight and rested his chin on the top of my head. From there, I could see a pink hickey on Taehyung's collarbone; it was just as big as the heart hickey.

I remembered last night completely. After Taehyung confessed some truth to me, he continued to mark my pale skin. He was so gentle when he kissed my body, but it was enough to mutter his name every. Single. Time. His lips belonged on my skin, that much was evident as hours of the night past. When we laid on the bed in each other's embrace, he ran his fingers along the red marks. I was surprised, even he was surprised when I mustered up enough courage to ask if I could give him a hickey.

Taehyung was shy when he pulled me on top of him, holding my hips as I straddled his waist. There was a deep blush on my face as I leaned down and buried my face in the crook of his neck. His cologne was abundant, and I felt like I was in wonderland. I pressed my lips onto his collarbone, and he reacted immediately; a deep moan rumbled in his chest but eventually escaped into the air of my room. When I licked his skin, his hands around my hips tightened, his fingers pressing into my body. It caught me off guard when he mewled out my name as soon as I nibbled. When I pulled away, he breath was heavy as he looked up at me.

"Is it big?" he asked, with a blush.
"It's pretty big..." I coughed uncomfortably.

Taehyung helped me with tying a white ribbon around my collar. His slender fingers took the silk ribbon and tied it into a perfect bow.
"You always look beautiful jagiyah," he cooed, pecking my temple.
"You're beautiful too Taehyung," I chuckled, returning a kiss to his jaw.
"I'll walk you to school again okay love?" he asked, where I nodded in reply.

...

SeokJin' POV
As soon as Taehyung and Sae-Young left, Jungkook and I immediately got ready for the plan tonight. We had to prepare for the reservation at the restaurant, make sure everything would go smoothly, and nothing would happen while the Kim's talked things out. We had to ask the mafia for help in protecting the siblings because things have been uneasy in the underground. Enemy gangs are stirring, along with the man who had been causing us so much trouble. Thankfully they agreed since they could understand what we were trying to do, and how Namjoon and Sae-Young felt. After all, they all had families of their own, each one of the held empathy for the leader and his baby sister.

It was part of the plan to let Namjoon know what we were planning to do; to have them talk things over and reconcile. It was a HUGE relief when Namjoon agreed to follow through with this plan. I'm not sure what happened after we last met with the others, but the leader now had his big brother pants on and is more than willing to bring Sae-Young under Bangtan's protection. We were all pleased with Namjoon, making the right choice for the safety of his sister. I wasn't sure how much longer I would have lasted without Sae-Young bearing our mark, she's gotten hurt so many times before her evaluations, it pains us to see her like that.

"You ready to go Kook?" I called, tying the black tie around my collar.
"Uhhh, how do you tie this?" he asked me, fumbling with his tie.
"Come here," I motioned with my hand.

Jungkook stepped up to me, handing me the black, silk material over to me. I took it into my hand before proceeding to tie it. As I was assembling his tie, he asked me something.
"Hyung, do you think Noona will be happy after this?" he questioned, a little unsure about this.
"In all honesty Jungkook," I sighed, tucking his tie into his blazer. "Namjoon is willing, but Sae-Young is a different story. She has her own view of the situation at hand; she doesn't know his reasons for leaving the family behind, she doesn't know that we're a mafia. Taehyung said he told a little about what we are, but not enough to scare her. God, I hope she accepts us as a mafia and her family."
"What if she doesn't?" Jungkook questioned, his voice cracking in fear.
"We'll still protect her, even if it isn't welcomed," I answered, pulling him into a hug. "She's our little sister now, and she needs protection from the cruel world we live in."
"Noona, I don't want to lose Noona," he confessed, starting to cry.
"None of us want to lose her Jungkook, especially Namjoon and Taehyung."

Sae-Young, you are Bangtan's baby girl. We will protect you with our lives because you don't deserve to die at the hands of our enemies.

...

I grabbed Namjoon's collar as he kept pacing back and forth of the room we reserved. The leader was already sweating, constantly fixing his tie and brushing his hair back. None of us have ever seen him this nervous since the time he took up his father's position as mafia leader. But he was still pretty young during that time, it was understandable. However, now that he's twenty, going on twenty-one, his nervousness and anxiety seemed a little unnecessary. He should be happy that he's finally going to have the chance to speak with his sister one on one, not a nervous wreck sweating an entire waterfall.

"Namjoon ah, calm down will you?" I sighed, fixing his wrinkled collar.
"He's more of a nervous wreck than Chanyeol being scared of Kyungsoo," Suho chuckled, elbowing Kyungsoo, while he just stared blankly at us.
"Yeesh Namjoon," Mark added, coming into the room, followed by Yoongi and Hoseok. "She's your sister, you shouldn't be so nervous."
Namjoon let out a heavy sigh, pinching the bridge of his sweaty nose. He was trying to calm himself down, possibly thinking about what could happen in the next few hours.
"We've got the perimeter secured, along with a twenty-kilometre radius," Yoongi Hyung addressed.
"Even if this entire restaurant is protected, I can't help but have a bad feeling about tonight," Hoseok said in a little shakily.

Jackson came into the room, sporting a black tuxedo and slicked back hair. He adjusted his tie, straightening it out. The man sauntered up towards us, a mischievous smirk on his lips.
"Namjoon ah, I heard your sis slapped you," he spoke.
"He did deserve it," Yoongi shrugged.
"Aigoo~ I can see it now, your little sister holding you in a choke hold," he fantasized.
Namjoon shot the man an evil glare, where Jackson only chuckled.
"I'm kidding," he shrugged before retreating behind Mark.
Suho coughed, finally being able to speak.
"We'll be outside, keeping an eye on things," he informed. "If anything happens, we'll be here quickly."
"Thank you for doing this," Namjoon said in a friendly tone, addressing everyone in the room and on the earpieces. "I owe you guys."
"Think nothing of it," Kyungsoo shook his head. "You better make this count Namjoon."

The leader nodded firmly.
"Sae-Young and Taehyung are on their way," Jimin informed me through the earpiece. "They'll be there in about ten minutes."
"They're on their way, let's get into our positions," I announced

Before leaving, I turned back to Namjoon.
"Good luck."

🌹🌹🌹

Hey guys, Ao here! I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for reading this story; when I published the three chapters before this update, the number of reads had reached 546. I'm so grateful that you're taking the time to read this (even if some parts are cringy). For this, I have updated two days in a row, so six chapters to read for this week (although, I know they'll probably be binged). Thanks so much, my beautiful readers!

~ With Love, Ao