Chapter 12

SeokJin and Taehyung were both cleaning my skin, while Jungkook was messing around downstairs. From what I could see, the bullet holes were very close to being completely healed. The stitches were removed a couple days ago, and SeokJin and Taehyung were happy to see that I was well on my way. But in Taehyung's eyes, I saw a hint of sadness; he knew I would have to leave soon in order to avoid being caught by his other brothers.

Each one of them told me that I would have to leave before they came back, in order for me to avoid getting into trouble with them. They didn't tell me why, but the least I could do was trust them for taking me in and helping me heal. I was grateful to them, no one else but Unnie has ever taken care of me since the accident. Even if I have to leave, I won't ever forget their kindness.

I guess it was a coincidence or well timing that I had to go back to school tomorrow, and that Unnie would be returning around 3 am. My wound is close to being completely healed, and it was time for me to leave in the morning. Taehyung had offered to walk me back to my apartment tomorrow, in order to prevent any repeats of that night. I gratefully accepted it as a way to spend a little more time with him. It was obvious that he would swing by the hospital now and then, but I wasn't sure when. I was sad that I don't get to see him as often.

"When do your classes start Sae-Young ah?" SeokJin Oppa asked me.

"Nine in the morning," I answered, pulling my sweater down after they finished.

"Gosh that's early," Taehyung gasped. "I'm still asleep by then."

I started laughing along with Taehyung and SeokJin (who had an amazing window wiper laugh). We were laughing until Jungkook came bursting through the infirmary door. His eyes were wide with shock and he was panting heavily. I could only assume he ran up the stairs to find us.

"Jungkook ah," SeokJin called. "What's wrong?"

I was confused as to why Jungkook looked so panicked. He was hunched over, trying to catch his breath. But, SeokJin and Taehyung both got it immediately.

"The H-Hyungs, they're back!" he gasped out.

SeokJin suddenly shot up from his chair, knocking it backwards. The sound of the wood hitting the floor made me jump, only to be steadied by Taehyung's hands.

"They're not supposed to be back for another couple days!" he exclaimed.

"That's what I thought!" Jungkook replied. "But the van is in the driveway! I saw them getting out!"

As soon as Jungkook finished speaking, we heard the front door open. A harsh dread made my bones run cold as a deed voice called throughout the house. Everyone in the room tensed up, eyes wide with fear and shock.

"Jin Hyung?!" the voice called again.

I found it hard to swallow the huge lump in my throat. My body felt frozen; we were about to get caught!

SeokJin turned to Taehyung and me, a plan formulating in his eyes.

"You three stay in here," he paused as the voice yelled again. "I'll try to distract them and get them up into their rooms. I will come to get you as soon as the coast is clear."

With that, SeokJin ran out of the room, where I hoped with all my heart that his plan would work. In all honesty, I was scared of what was going to happen. Would the boys get in trouble with whoever they were trying to hide me from? What would happen to them? Am I going to never see Unnie again?

I felt Taehyung pull me into a hug, he probably saw me shaking in fear as time passed by. His warmth calmed me down, stopping my shaky body and my emotions that were all over the place. Jungkook also sat beside me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. These guys are honestly so sweet.