12-Clarke

I made the decision not to tell my friends anything else about Bellamy or our date on Friday. When the weekend finally rolled around I got dressed and stared at myself in the mirror. I was nervous. I had only spoken to him a few times and didn't know a lot about him. Sure we had made out and stuff but that didn't ease any concerns.

I was wearing a white tank top dress with a leather jacket thrown over top. I curled my hair and put on a little bit of makeup. I was heading downstairs when I hear the knock on the door. I rushed to get there before my mother who was in the kitchen with Kane. I swung open the door to reveal Bellamy. He looked good. He handed me a bouquet of flowers and I put them on the coffee table. 

"Bye, mom I'll see you later," I called out to her before quickly shutting the door behind me.

"You still live with your mom." He pointed out.

"Yeah. Is that a deal-breaker?" I chuckled as we got into his car. He had opened the door for me like a gentleman and I could tell he was pulling out all the stops. 

"Of course not, that just means we will spend more time at my place." He winked, starting the car, and I couldn't hide the blush creeping up on my face. " I see you ditched the scarf."

"It's mostly gone," I mumbled reaching my hand up to cover the mark on my neck.

"I think it kinda suits you." He smirked. "I guess I'll just have to replace it."

"Someone is awfully forward today." I laughed. 

"What can I say? Beautiful women are a turn on." He pulled up to a restaurant and I was thankful it wasn't Mount Weather. We walked hand in hand into Polis and waited for someone to show us to a table. The place wasn't overly fancy but it was perfect for a first date. The hostess, Anya escorted us to a table. We sat down and started flipping through the menu. That's when I spotted her. My ex-girlfriend was walking towards the table. Lexa.

"Shit," I mumbled.

"What's wrong? Did I do something?" He asked his tone full of concern. 

"No uh, my ex-girlfriend is a waitress and shes coming this way." Another table caught her attention.

"Okay um run to the bathroom and I'll ask for a different waitress? Or you can give me your order." He was being surprisingly cool about this. "And then when she comes back to bring food or whatever you can flaunt your super sexy date." He winked. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll get an iced tea and you know what whatever you recommend." I darted away from the table and went to the bathroom. I waited a few minutes before heading back, thankful that Lexa wasn't still there.

I sat back down and Bellamy was smirking at me. 

"What?" I mumbled.

"So, you like girls too?" He said suggestively.

"Shut up," I muttered crossing my arms. "Thank you though. Most people aren't so cool about the whole ex thing."

"I've had plenty of ex-girlfriends interrupt dates. Usually, they're mine but..." I kicked his foot under the table."Sorry, I just never dated anyone who likes...both y'know? It's intriguing."

"I thought you weren't supposed to talk about exes on first dates?" I scolded.

"I don't know, I'm kind of curious."

"What did you order?" I asked changing the subject.

"A surprise. Now I think you owe me a bit of an explanation about the waitress. I did cover for you." He reasoned. I sighed.

"We dated for a year in eleventh grade then her ex came back and she dumped me for her," I explained vaguely. 

"Why would anyone dump you? You're perfect."

"You know this is only the first date. There's plenty of time for me to change your mind."

"I doubt you could if you tried."