20-Clarke

Bellamy and I were hanging out at my house for the first time when he asked. My mom was away on a "business trip". I was upset because she went on a couple's retreat with Marcus Kane. Bellamy offered to come over and I accepted.

We were cuddling on the couch watching a movie when he sat up.

"So I know we wanted to take things slow and you didn't want to involve people in our relationship, I think its time. There is nothing anyone can say that will change the way I feel about you." I took a deep breath as I thought about his words.

"I love you Bellamy and if this is what you want, then I'm ready." I hoped it was true. Every relationship I'd ever been in had been affected by my friend's meddling in some way. Things with Bellamy were good and I had a bad feeling about what would happen when people found out. But it wasn't fair to Bellamy to make him lie to his friends and family.

"Good. Because my sister's birthday party is coming up and I want you to come with me." He held onto my hands and grinned like a little puppy.

"Okay...When is it?" Seeing him this happy made me excited about it, despite the nerves bubbling in my stomach.

"Next Friday." My heart sank when I realized.

"I can't." I sighed. His smile faded and I hated it. "I already have plans. My best friend is throwing a party and I promised her I'd go."

"It's okay. Maybe we can find another time. I just want the world to know about how incredible and brilliant and amazing and sexy my girlfriend is." I blushed at his words turning away from him.

"That's a run-on sentence." I chuckled. He rolled his eyes at me and I pulled him into a gentle kiss. "How did I get so lucky?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Trust me, Princess." Bellamy grinned lifting my chin to face him again. "I'm the lucky one."