25-Murphy

"RAVEN!" I called as I entered her house. "RAVEN WE FUCKED UP!" I yelled. 

"I"M COMING!" She screamed back hobbling down the stairs. "What?"

"We broke Clarke."

It had been a week since Octavia's party. Clarke hadn't been to school. Finn was bringing all her work for her, meaning she was associating with him again, and she refused to see me, Octavia or Wells. 

"What do you mean we broke Clarke?" Raven asked grabbing two bottles of beer out of the fridge. She handed one to me and we sat down in the living room.

"She hasn't been at school all week." 

"Wait Clarke Griffin hasn't been at school?" Raven asked in total shock. "Crap."

"Yeah and...I think she's seeing Finn again."

"That asshole! Okay we need to pay Clarkie a little visit."

"She's refusing to see me." I explained but Raven still stood up and grabbed her jacket.

"Then we won't give her a choice. Abby likes me. Come on." I followed Raven out to my car and unlocked the doors. I drove us to Clarkes house and parked in front. Finn's car was in the driveway which meant we had a different problem.

"What do we do now?"

"Just trust me Cockroach." Raven waltzed up to the door and pounded her fist on it. It swung open to reveal Abby. 

"Raven! How nice of you to stop by. And you brought a friend. I don't believe we've met."

"John Murphy." I smiled politely shaking her hand. 

"Well come in I'll make some coffee." I trailed behind Raven as we entered the Griffin's. When Abby was out of ear shot Raven turned back to me.

"So we stay and chat for a minute then I'll go check on Clarke while you keep Abby occupied."

"What about Finn?" 

"I'll handle Finn." Abby came back with two coffees. 

"Still drink it black?" She asked Raven who nodded accepting the mug. "How about you John?"

"Same please." She set down the second mug and retrieved her own. "So how do you two know each other?"

"Abby was my doctor when I hurt my leg." Raven trailed off glancing at me quickly before looking away. She hated talking about her leg. 

"So what brings you by?" Abby asked us, though she was mainly directing it at Raven.

"Well I realized we haven't talked in a while and Murphy here said he was worried about Clarke so I thought maybe we could pop in and check up on you guys. I heard there's a new man." Abby began gushing about Kane. 

"He's been absolutely wonderful. I'll have to invite you over for dinner soon so you can meet him."

"Sounds fun. May I be excused, need to use the little ravens room." Raven winked and stood up. I knew this was my cue to keep Abby occupied but I had no idea what to talk about.

"So you and Raven...how long has that been going on?" Abby asked.

"Oh we're not...she's not my-I'm dating her roomate." I corrected feeling embarrassed.

"Oh I just assumed because she brought you and well the way you look at her-"

"I-I  don't look at her." I felt my cheeks heating up. I loved Emori. There was nothing going on between Raven and I.

"No need to be embarrassed. Raven is an amazing young girl and you would be lucky to have her." Abby sipped her coffee with a knowing smirk.

"I'm serious. I have a girlfriend who I love very much."

"You may love her but you are in love with Raven." 

"Keep dreaming Ms Griffin." I laughed away the awkward tension. 

"So John how do you know my daughter?"

"We go to school together." I told her. "We have mutual friends."

"Why were you worried about her?" I froze not knowing how much Clarke had told her mother. "I'm not stupid. I heard Raven mention it. I know something happened to Clarke that she's not telling me. And I have a feeling it has to do with that boy she was seeing that she wouldn't tell me about so John Murphy, I'm going to ask you one more time. Why were you worried about my daughter?"