28-Octavia

"So Raven is living with you now?" I asked Murphy as he started telling us about his weekend.

"Until Echo dumps your brother apparently." He shrugged.

"And your parents are okay with this?"

"I don't exactly live with my parents Octavia." Murphy reminded me. 

"Sorry I-" 

"It's okay." He chuckled. Murphy was emancipated a little over a year ago after his dad was arrested and his mom went crazy. 

"Is Emori okay with this?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't she be?" 

"A hot girl is staying in the room next door in the apartment you live alone in... I wonder." Murphy rolled his eyes. 

"Raven and I are just friends. I love Emori and she knows it." As Murphy was pleading his case, I noticed someone walking up from behind him. 

"Clarke!" I called running over. I threw my arms around her and she stumbled back.

"Hey." She returned the embrace gently. 

"I'm glad you're back."

"I can't hide forever if I want to graduate." She smiled weakly and we walked to the table. 

"Clarke Griffin back from the dead." Jasper piped up.

"Jasper Jordan taking one step closer," Clarke warned and Jasper cowered slightly.

"We missed you." Monty corrected.

"Thanks but we have other things to worry about. Prom is coming up and I need a date." Clarke seemed different. She was more confident than before but I could tell she was still hurting.

"Monty's with me," Harper informed her clutching his hand.

"I'm taking Maya." Jasper smiled proudly.

"I'm going with Bryan. Though if I wasn't you're not exactly my type." He chuckled.

"I'm going with Emori." 

"I thought you were going with Raven." Clarke snickered and Murphy let out a long groan.

"I don't like Raven!" He yelled earning weird glances.

"Wells?" Clarke glanced towards her best friend. 

"I have a date..."

"Right, that Sasha chick." Clarke nodded in understanding.

"Have you thought about asking Lexa?" I suggested.

"She's still with Costia." Clarke sighed thinking of her ex.

"There's Niylah." 

"We never really had that kind of relationship. I don't think she'd want to go with me."

"You'll never know unless you ask." I pointed out.

"Good point." The bell rang and while everyone was leaving I stopped to talk to Clarke.

"I'm sorry about my brother." I sighed staring at my feet. 

"It's not your fault. We should have talked more-"

"EWWWWW" I screeched and Clarke's eyes widened.

"NO! That's not what I meant!" She clarified looking both amused and horrified. "We never...I just mean we should have talked about ourselves more... like I could've learned your name, his age, that he was an asshole..."

"I'm sorry," I repeated feeling somewhat responsible for my idiot brother.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just make the rest of the year the best yet."

"Come on Clarky. We are going to be late."