35-Raven

On my way to Murphy's, I got nervous and took a detour, heading to see Emori instead. I got to the house and knocked on the door. It felt weird knocking on a door that used to be mine. Technically it still was mine.

The door opened and I came face to face with Emori.

"What are you doing here Raven?" She didn't even pretend to be excited to see me.

"I heard about you and Murphy and I wanted to see if you were okay," I confessed staring at the ground.

"That's rich coming from you." She started to close the door in my face but I stopped it.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms.

"Why do you think we broke up?" She spat and the wheels in my head began to turn. Did Murphy break up with Emori for me? Did he really like me?

"Emori I-What do you mean?" She took a deep breath and sighed.

"He's in love with you Reyes. You'd have to be blind not to see it." I stood shocked. It couldn't be true. "Don't act so surprised. Everyone knows you're in love with him too."

"I'm so sorry I-"

"Save it. Just leave me alone. You are kind of the last person I want to see right now." I nodded and let her shut the door completely.

Murphy was in love with me. It couldn't be true. He always talked about how much he loved Emori and how happy he was with her. There was no way I could face him without knowing. I drove back to Clarke's house and sat down at the table for dinner.

"So prom?" I smiled and Clarke gave me a weary look. 

"Sounds good. You can pick me up at 6." Clarke chuckled at her own joke trying to ease the tension of my thoughts. It wasn't working. My head was still swarming with thoughts about Murphy. I was going to have to talk to him eventually but the thought was terrifying. What if after everything he rejected me? I couldn't face him. Instead, I was just going to focus on the prom with Clarke. Octavia had a plan and even if I couldn't figure out my love life, I was going to help Clarke fix hers.