22-Bellamy

I stood next to my sister, face to face with the love of my life. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. "I thought you had plans."

"I do. I am. I thought your sister's birthday party was-" We both froze as the realization came over us.

"OCTAVIA'S YOUR FRIEND?"

"OCTAVIA'S YOUR SISTER?" We yelled at the same time. 

"Woah you two know each other?" Octavia questioned making me realize she was still there.

"Can we go somewhere more private?" I asked and she nodded. I lead her to my childhood bedroom and closed the door behind us. "You're still in high school?!" 

"My senior year." She sighed. 

"Clarke I-We can't-" I couldn't find the words.

"Bellamy I'm 18 I-

"I'm 23 Clarke," I stated bluntly and she stared in surprise.

"I thought you were 19 maybe 20." She sighed. "Still. Maybe we can make this work. Bellamy, I love you and that hasn't changed." She moved closer to me but I flinched away from her touch. "Bellamy-"

"Clarke you are still in high school. Five years is far too much of an age gap." I told her thinking back to my conversation with Lincoln when I found out about him and Octavia.

"I'm almost done high school! A few years doesn't change how I feel please don't throw this all away." Tears were welling up in her eyes. I felt them in mine too. I sat down on my bed and held my head in my hands. This couldn't be happening. "You told me nothing anyone could say would change how you felt."

This relationship could ruin her life. I wasn't about to do that to her, no matter how in love with her I was.

"Well, I lied. I was just trying to get you to sleep with me." I lied. I had to make her hate me. Then she would move on and leave me in her past.

"Bellamy I know that's not true-"

"It is, Clarke. I don't care about you and this is just the escape I needed. Now if you'll excuse me." 

"Bellamy if you walk out that door I will never speak to you again and the past two months will have been a complete lie." Every part of me wanted to go back and cradle her as she cried. Hold her and tell her everything would be okay. Tell her I love her. 

I walked out the door.