37-Clarke

Prom Night Part 2

I sat around the table with all of my friends

I sat around the table with all of my friends. Raven was my date though I could tell she wanted to be there with Murphy. The two had been stealing glances at each other the whole night. Octavia was there with Lincoln which reminded me of Bellamy. If things had been different, he would be here with me. Wells had brought a girl named Sasha and they were really happy. Jasper brought Maya, Miller took Bryan and Monty and Harper went together. Finn decided not to come with us and instead go with his date's friends. Honestly, it was probably for the best.

We all talked and laughed about everything and nothing.

"Oh my gosh, Raven did Clarke ever tell you how this group started?"

"No, what happened?" Raven gave me a weird look. I tried to signal Octavia to stop but she kept talking.

"It was at summer camp right before high school and Jasper, Monty, Finn, Clarke and I all went searching through the woods. We found this lake and-"

"And Octavia started stripping." Jasper piped up earning looks from Maya and Lincoln. "What? It was a great way to start a friendship..."

"Anyways!" Octavia interrupted to save Jasper from himself. "I was the only one who went in and everything was fine until something was in the lake. Everyone had to pull me out."

"Mainly me."

"Shut up Jasper!" Octavia groaned while the rest of us laughed. "Anyways we vowed never to tell the counsellors or our parents what happened. Not even my brother knows." Everyone laughed at the fact that super overprotective Bellamy didn't know about the time his sister almost drowned. It still hurt to talk about him. I had never felt this way about anyone, not Finn or even Lexa. 

"Clarky, you ok?" Raven whispered. I nodded though, I wasn't sure if it was true. I needed to stop thinking about him.

After dinner, we all climbed into the limo except for Octavia and Lincoln, and Miller and Bryan who decided to drive to prom. 

Wells, Sasha, Jasper, Maya, Harper, Monty, Murphy, Raven and I all piled into the limo that drove us to the prom.

We got inside and took lots of pictures before going to the dance floor. We all twirled around laughing. Jasper and Monty snuck a tray of pot brownies onto the snack table and had spiked the punch to ensure the night was as fun as possible. I avoided the brownies because I knew my mom would kill me but I did allow Raven to get me some punch. 

The first slow song came on and it was All of Me by John Legend. 

"May I have this dance?" Raven was really stepping up in her role as my date.

"Of course." She put her arms on my hips and I giggled as we swayed to the music. "Thanks for this Rae, I really needed it." 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see someone I was not expecting to see.

"May I cut in?"