34-Clarke

Prom was approaching quickly and I couldn't muster up the courage to ask Niylah. It seemed as though I would be going alone while all my friends had dates.

"You know you don't have to go alone." Raven was laying on the couch with her head on my lap while I played with her hair. "I know I'm no prom queen but I'll go with you." 

"Better then going alone." I shrugged.

"Wow have a little enthusiasm." Raven teased, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry." I laughed. "Raven Reyes I would love to go to prom with you." Going with a friend was going to be much better then going alone. And the night would not be the same without Raven there. "I thought you'd be going with Murphy..."

"What? He's going with Emori." I was shocked that she hadn't heard the news. Even though she had been staying with me I figured she would have heard from someone.

"They broke up." Her eyes widened and she sat up. 

"What?"

"Yeah she dumped him." 

"I have to make sure he's okay." Raven blurted out, a blush forming on her cheeks as she realised what she said. 

"I know you care about him. Go talk to him."

"I'll be back for supper." She stated while standing up and grabbing her jacket.

"If all goes well you won't be." I called after her as she rushed out the door.