38-Murphy

Prom Night Part 3

Clarke disappeared leaving Raven alone on the dance floor. 

"Hey...You need a partner?" I offered her my hand and she accepted it. For the first bit, we stayed silent.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Emori broke up?" I was caught off guard by her question. I knew we would have to talk about it eventually, just not when she was this close to me in a dress that made her look even more beautiful than usual. I didn't even think that was possible until she walked into dinner looking like a goddess.

"I-" I sighed. "I didn't want you to know why we broke up." 

"So it's true." 

"What?"

"Emori told me and I couldn't believe her I just-"

"Raven." I cut her off and we locked eyes. "Emori was right. I have feelings for you." I confessed. I'd been waiting to tell her for so long and it felt good to finally say it. My heart was racing. She could reject me right here. 

"I have feelings for you too." 

"Hey, Murphy come on!" I hadn't even noticed the song ended until I was being dragged away.

"Miller I'm going to kill you."

"Kill me later they are announcing king and queen soon." As Miller predicted the music stopped and Wells went up onstage. Clarke, his co-president, was nowhere to be found.

"Since my partner in crime is MIA, it is my pleasure to announce the prom king and queen." 

"Our prom king is Monty Green!" Monty went up on stage while we cheered for him. I caught Raven in my peripheral vision. She wasn't looking at me but I could see her smile and I wanted to believe that I helped cause it. "And our prom queen is Harper Mcintyre!" Harper followed her boyfriend to the stage and the two received their crowns. They came down for the spotlight dance and I pushed through the crowd to try and get to Raven but she disappeared. Instead, I met up with Wells on his way off stage. 

"So Harper and Monty eh?"

"Don't tell anyone but Finn and Clarke won, I just wasn't putting either of them through that." He chuckled. "Plus, they deserve it." As I watched them dancing to Perfect by Ed Sheeran I realized I wanted that. Maybe Raven and I could have that...

I had to find her.