23-Clarke

I couldn't breathe. I sobbed until there were no tears left.

"Clarke?" Murphy's voice was on the other side of the door.

"Go away." I cried, still trembling. Instead of following directions, Murphy pushed open the door and came to sit with me.

"I'm so sorry." He sighed and it was weird hearing Murphy be this genuine.

"It's not your fault I fell in love with a complete asshole." 

"I should have told you. I just... I thought he would pick you." I turned to Murphy as I processed the words.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He didn't answer. He remained silent. "Did you know?"

"Clarke I-"

"You knew I was dating Octavia's 23-year-old brother and neglected to mention it? And what do you mean by you thought he would pick me?" I stormed out of the room and ignored Murphy calling my name. I searched the room for Bellamy. When I finally found him he was talking to none other than Raven Reyes. 

"Un-fucking-believable." I spat. I felt a hand grab my arm holding me back.

"Clarke, don't do anything it's not what you think-"

"Stay away from me Murphy." I continued on my way towards him when Wells stepped in front of me.

"Clarke stop. Talk to me." He urged. I looked at Bellamy over his shoulder before turning my attention back to him 

"Can you take me home?" I mumbled holding back tears all over again.

"Of course but we should tell Octavia-"

"Let's just go. I don't want to explain why I'm leaving."

"Clarke, come on we can't just leave." 

"Fine. Where's Finn?" I pulled away from Wells and found Finn. 

"Clarke? Hey, are you okay?" He asked turning away from some girl he was talking to.

"I want to go home." I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Yeah of course let's go." 

I followed Finn out of the party to his car and climbed in. 

"What happened?" He asked as he started the car. I stayed silent. "Trouble with the boyfriend?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I snapped wiping away a stray tear.

"Maybe we could go back to my place and not talk..." 

I knew he would ask something like this but in my fragile emotional state, I couldn't find a reason to say no.

"Whatever. Let's go."