Ryan Ross- When Stars Fall from the Sky

Your pov

I stood up on a ladder in my back yard setting up the Christmas lights as I talked to my friend on the phone.

"What are you even doing?" She asked.

"I'm putting up Christmas lights!"

"Wow, so you can afford lights but not a tree?"

"What do you mean? I have a tree."

"Yeah, a fake one!" The snow began to fall lightly.

"What's so bad about fake trees anyways? I'm saving the trees, it's cheaper, and I don't have to go out in the freezing cold to pick out a tree I'll have up for a month!" I protested.

"Yeah, but it's fun picking out a tree!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, for you it might. I gotta go, my phones about to die."

"Alright, talk to you later?"

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye." I hung up, putting the last of the lights up, and plugging them in. I stepped down from the ladder to see my nice work. I did a pretty good job! Go me!

I put the ladder away and went inside. As it got dark, I made myself hot cocoa, and watched the snow fall. Suddenly, a big bright light illuminated my back yard until it crashed into the ground, leaving a gigantic crater. I immediately set down my cocoa, opened the sliding glass door, and ran towards it. The snow leaving flakes in my hair. What happened?

I slowed down as I got closer to the ditch. Then, I saw a head poke out. It was a man with pretty brown hair and kind brown eyes.

"Uhh hi?" He said, a confused boyish smile spread across his face.

"Hi," I waved, "What just happened?"

"I... I don't know. I was dead, dancing among the stars. Now I'm back here, alive." How is that possible? I knew when people passed they turned to stars, but falling stars? I thought it was a myth...

"Weird," I muttered to myself, "Do you wanna come inside?"

"Yeah, I'm Ryan." As he walked up out of the ditch, I got a better look at him.

"I'm Y/n." He looks rather lovely... I led him inside my lit up tiny house and to the couch, "So, you were with the stars? What was it like?" I asked, intrigued.

"It was beautiful, the stars were warm and bright. I don't know why I'm back. I should be up there forever, but they sent me back." He spoke sadly.

"It sounds delightful."

"It was, very delightful." He smiled.

"Do you want anything to drink? I just made some hot cocoa." I offered.

"Yeah, thanks."

"No problem." I went to the kitchen to retrieve the cocoa, he soon followed.

"Do I know you?" He asked, eyes on me.

"I don't think so." I answered, sliding him a mug of cocoa.

"You seem really familiar. Did we go to high school together?" I shook my head, "Did we work together? Or something?"

"I don't think so." This is so weird...

"Oh my god!"

"What?"

"You're the girl! The one I saw at the coffee shop! The day before I-" he looked away, realizing what he was about to say, "I died."

"Did I do something!?" I began to panic, how could I have killed someone without even knowing!?

"Yeah, well, no. Nothing like that. I just remember, it was the middle of summer. I walked inside, hating myself, but then I saw you. I don't remember what you were doing. You looked up at me, and smiled. I just remember the pain going away for a moment, and smiling back. After a few minutes I got up, to talk to you. But I was too late, you had left. I didn't think I'd ever see you again." He smiled, "But, here you are now."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize, I mean..." I was speechless.

"You don't need to apologize, I'm just happy to see you again." I smiled, nervously laughing.

"This is not how I expected my night to go, wow. Um, do you wanna stay the night? I could take the couch if you want-"

"I'm not gonna make you sleep on the couch in your own house, I'll take the couch."

"No, I insist."

"We could always share the bed, we are two grown adults, I think we can handle it for one night." He laughed.

"Uh, yeah sure, let's do that." I haven't shared a bed with a guy for a very long time, what if I screw it up!? What if I-

"We don't have too if you're not comfortable." He looked concerned.

"No, it'll be fine." I ignored my nervousness and ran to the bedroom to change. As soon as I closed the door, my hands ran through my hair as a squeak escaped my lips. I have never had a guy over here! This is so exciting! And he's so cute! Okay, keep it together, I've made it this far, can't screw it up... I quickly changed and opened the door.

"Um, you can come in. I don't really have any pajamas for you to wear."

"It's fine," he walked through, looking over my walls covered in drawings and questionable things hung up from past adventures that shall be saved for telling during a rainy day, "I like your walls."

"Thanks, I work hard to make it as cluttered as possible; drives my friends crazy." I laughed, pulling at the covers. We both layed in the bed, eyes only on each other, "You're the first guy I've had in this bed." I whispered.

"Really?" I nodded, "Well, I'm honored then." We both laughed, "You're the first girl to have me in their bed since I came back to life."

"Well, I'm honored then." I said, just like he had before.

"You're really pretty, y'know." He said, I'm not sure if it was because I was tired, or extremely touch starved, but I couldn't help but to scoot close to him. To be in his arms.

"You're pretty too." I whispered, eyes closed, barely staying awake. He kissed the top of my head just as I fell asleep. When I woke up, he was still there. Not a dream... he's really real...

I smiled to myself, knowing this year I wouldn't be alone on Christmas. This year, I finally had someone to share it with.

OwO-
Yeah I started this one back in October I think before I got my kindle taken so that's why it's Christmasy I hope you guys don't mind. I used a prompt for this one I'll post it down below hope you enjoyed it. Have a jolly good day~peace out cheesebags