Chapter 4

Next day they met in Hokage's office.

"Hmm, so your first mission is to catch Feudal Lord's cat."

"Whaat?!"

"Naruto, it's first mission, your classmates have this type of mission too," said Kakashi.

"It's all right, Kakashi, I'm used to this. Naruto, every type of mission is important. Even though it's a D-rank mission, it's still a mission." Naruto sat insulted on the floor.

"Naruto-kun."

"I'm sorry for him, Hokage-sama. Excuse us, but we're going now," said Kakashi and dragged Naruto with him. Sasuke put his hands into pockets and Hinata wanted to go too.

"Hinata, wait," said Third.

"M-me?" He nodded.

"I see you are still nervous."

"Umm..."

"Tell me, are you satisfied with your team?"

"Well, Naruto-kun is very nice to me, Sasuke-kun isn't so talkative though and Kakashi-sensei is strict, but also smart and strong. I think we are a good team." Hinata smiled.

"I see, I am glad then." Third let Hinata go.

"It looks promising," said Iruka.

"You think so too."

"What about other teams?"

"Well..."

...

"We didn't catch the cat because of you! Big Forehead!"

"Don't blame me for your mistakes! Ino-pig!"

"Uhh, what a drag."

"W-what's wrong with them?" thought Asuma.

...

"Oi Shino, why are you even hiding your eyes?! And Choji, don't eat too much or you'll be fat!"

"Did you just say fat?" Choji looked at him sinisterly.

"Kiba, you can't say everything you want. Because you piss him off when you say the forbidden word..." No one was listening because Kiba was running away from Choji.

"They never listen," said Shino.

"Hah..." Kurenai nervously laughed.

...

"Hinata, do you see it?"

"Yes, the cat is located 3 km from us at 3 o'clock."

"I understand, Naruto."

"..."

"Naruto, are you there?"

"..."

"Naruto!"

"Oh, yes I am."

"You are late, idiot," said Sasuke.

"Who are you calling an idiot here?!"

"To you, of course." Naruto growled.

"P-please, we have to complete our mission."

"Hinata is right, you two calm down."

"All right-ttebayo." With Hinata's eyes, they found the cat in a while.

"Haah?! Is this really the old man's cat?!"

"Feudal Lord's, be more formal," said Kakashi.

"You can say whatever you want, but he's still just an old man-ttebayo!"

"Ehh."

"Let's return the cat," said Hinata with a smile. A few D-rank missions later, they received a C-rank.

This mission is different. In the course, we met a rogue ninja from the Hidden Mist Village. I'm afraid we won't survive ... Luckily for us, Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun formed a great lineup, saving Kakashi-sensei. But what did I do? What was I capable of? How was I helpful? These feelings bother me until now...

The Chunin exams were approaching, and now only the decision of jonins remains.

"So Kakashi, will you send your students to the Chunin exam?" asked Third.

"Hmm, that's good question."

"What's the matter with you, you're not sure?"

"Hmm, just let me think about it."

"You have time to think until midnight tonight."

"I understand." Other jonins signed up their students for the exams.

Author's note: I use italics to describe Hinata's point of view or thoughts. Hinata is the main character of this story.
Edit: I also use italics for some character quotes.