Chapter 33

Team Kakashi was suddenly called to Hokage's office.

"What happened, Tsunade no Baachan!"

"Gaara was abducted! Team Kakashi, your mission is to bring Gaara back!"

"Tsunade-sama, isn’t it dangerous for Naruto-kun as a Jinchuuriki?" asked Shizune.

"Shut up, Shizune! He wouldn’t listen me anyway…"

"What are we still doing here?! We're going to save Gaara!"

"I agree, we have to save Kazekage-sama!" said Hinata.

"All right, let's go," said Kakashi.

… They went to the Hidden Sand Village for three days. In addition, the weather worsened their journey. They had to hide in a cave.

"Apparently they poisoned Kankuro, maybe we should have taken Sakura with us," said Kakashi.

"Maybe I can do something about it…"

"Wait, Hinata, you are a medical ninja?!" asked Naruto.

"No, but I often helped in the hospital during those three years."

"That’s awesome, Hinata!"

"And how could you help?" asked Kakashi.

"My Byakugan, I can see everything in the human body. I can help paramedics look for the poison and find its antibody."

"You learned a lot, Hinata," said Kakashi.

… Early the next morning, they arrived in the Hidden Sand Village.

"We were waiting for you, Team Kakashi!" said the guards at the gate.

"We will take you to Kankuro-san," they said. They saw that Kankuro was in serious condition. Even Chijo-baasama was unable to do anything.

"You … you are the White Fang!" She attacked Kakashi.

"Calm down, Nee-chan!"

"Actually, I’m his son…" said Kakashi.

"I didn’t know this."

"We must save Kankuro first!" said Temari.

"And where is your medical ninja?" asked Temari.

"We apologize, but there was no mention in your report on Kankuro."

"That idiots, what did they write?!" thought Temari.

"Actually … I can help you," said Hinata.

"Huh? You are a medical ninja?"

"No, but I used to work in hospital."

"All right, anything is better than nothing," said Temari. Hinata was invited to the hall. There were two experienced medical ninjas with her.

"Let's start with the operation," said Hinata. Kankuro was shaking a lot. It was not easy to keep him calm.

"Byakugan!" Hinata blocked one his chakra point to calm him down.

"What do you see?"

"We have to suck the poison out of his right and left lungs. In this place…" Hinata also learned something from Tsunade. She created a chakra bubble and carefully removed the poison from both lungs. While Hinata performed the operation, the others used healing techniques.

"We … were useless…" thought two medical ninjas. Hinata was sweating and wiped her forehead. Suddenly Kankuro woke up.

"W-where am I?"

"Kankuro-san!" said cheerily Hinata.

"W-who are you?"

"It doesn't matter, the main thing is that you're all right…" she smiled at him. But Kankuro has not yet been completely cured, so Hinata had to make an antidote. Paramedics led her to the herbs, and Hinata examined their composition.

MmShe also had to read a book to know exactly how to make an antibody. Herb molecules had to match the poison. It was not easy to find such herbs and mix them so that everything agreed. She spent two nights on it before finally finding the right herbs. Meanwhile, she fell asleep exhausted, and Naruto, who was watching her closely, placed a blanket on her. Next morning Hinata woke up.

"W-where did the blanket come from?!" Suddenly she saw Naruto sleeping in a chair.

It was him…