Chapter 67 - The Proposal

They were still seventeen, and it wasn't long before the war was over. Naruto was now the strongest in the village, and Hinata was right after him when Sasuke was gone. Naruto still could not convey the fact that Hinata is also a Jinchuuriki. He hated Madara for it. Plus, the way he wanted to kill her ... Every time he remembered, anger awoke in him. Hinata still reassured him that she was used to Saiken. But Kurama was not so excited about it. He did not like the other Bijuu. Mainly Shikaku.

"Naruto-kun, when I first saw Saiken, there was someone else with him. His name was Utakata, he said you knew each other."

"Utakata? What did he say?"

"That if we happen to meet Hotaru, we should tell her that he loves her."

"They really liked each other. It's really sad. If Akatsuki weren't so selfish, Utakata could still be alive…"

"That is true, but time cannot go back. Neji-nii-san is an example of it. What if we visited Hotaru-san?"

"We could, it's not that far from here. I'll just get permission from Kakashi-sensei." Hinata smiled at him. The journey took one and a half days. Hotaru still lived with the old man.

"Naruto-san! And…"

"I’m Hinata, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too! What brings you here?"

"I wanted to tell you that I have a message for you from Utakata-san."

"But he is lost…"

"Unfortunately, he is already dead," said Naruto. Hotaru was shocked. She thought he was just missing. Her knees broke.

"H-how? He promised me he will be my master…"

"It was Akatsuki, they killed him."

"A-Akatsuki?"

"Don't worry, their organization is a thing of the past … They're all dead."

"But that will not return Utakata-san to me…" Hotaru cried.

"H-he told me he loves you…"

"D-did he really say that? Because I loved him too ... It doesn't matter now, thank you again for visiting, but now I'd rather be alone." Hotaru escorted them, then returned.

"She was quite taken aback."

"I would react the same way. Maybe worse…" said Hinata.

"If I died in that war?"

"Do not talk about that."

"Sorry." Naruto and Hinata went on many missions together. Kakashi wished them well, even though Shizune didn't like it. They were on a lot of dates together and spent every day together. Every Christmas, every birthday. They are now 19 years old. Naruto already has a plan for what he would like to do this year ... And that is to propose to Hinata.

He knows he wouldn't find another girl and he wouldn't want to. Hinata is the only one, so he knows for sure that he wants to marry her. He had already got the ring, found it after his mother. It was an engagement ring Minato gave to Kushina. That's why it meant so much to Naruto. He had been preparing for this big moment for a month, but he still didn't feel ready. Hinata had no idea yet. Tomorrow is their anniversary and Naruto doesn't want to ruin it. He lured her out late at night.

"W-where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon…" When they arrived, Hinata was quite surprised. They were standing at Jiraiya's grave. It was because Naruto wanted Ero-sennin to see this precious moment. But it looked different there, it was much more decorated and there were more candles and roses. Naruto knelt, and Hinata already knew what was coming.

"Hyuuga Hinata, you changed my life and I wouldn't trade anything for it. I love you and I have always loved you. We experienced a lot of setbacks and full of romance. We lost many of our loved ones, but we always stood by each other. When you broke up with me, it broke my heart, but then you came back to me and I couldn't be happier. I ask you, Hinata, will you marry me and spend the unforgettable rest of your life with me?" Hinata was moved and had tears in her eyes.

"I will … I will!" She hugged him.

"Great, now I'm going to have to live with that bubble blower…" said Kurama.

„Who do you call a bubble blower, Fox?!“ responded Saiken. Naruto couldn’t be more happy. He even got permission from her father…