Chapter 50

"Naruto-chan, Jiraiya-chan died during the last mission..."

"What?" Naruto couldn't believe it.

"I'm sorry. He managed to give me this message for you before he died forever..."

"W-wait, Ero-sennin..." Without realizing it, he had tears in his eyes.

"Naruto-kun..." Hinata didn't know what to say. Jiraiya was an important part of Naruto's life and he is now gone.

"I'm sorry, Naruto. Jiraiya decided to find Pain, the leader of the Akatsuki, and that's how it turned out..."

"Why? Why did you let him go alone on such a dangerous mission, Tsunade no Baachan?!!!"

"Naruto-!"

"Let it be, Sakura..." Naruto slammed the door and left. Hinata followed him.

I know that in difficult times one needs to be alone ... But this is not the time... At this moment, he mustn't be alone to know that he is not alone...

"Hinata, leave me alone ... I really don't want to be mean and not to you at all..."

"No!"

"Hinata, wake up, my master died! For me, it was more like a father! I'm really not in the mood!"

"Still no!"

"Why? Why don't you leave me alone?!"

"Because you were here for me too when Chiyo-baasama died." Naruto remembered.

"You are right, I'm sorry..."

"I know it's not the same. That you knew Jiraiya-san for years and I only knew Chiyo-baasama for a few days. But even so, it was an irreplaceable bond for me, like Jiraiya-san for you..."

"That's right, she talked about you very nicely. But still ... It's hard to believe that Ero-sennin is gone..." He clenched his fists.

"When his killer comes for me, I'll be ready ... Just wait, I'll get my revenge, Ero-sennin. I will become a Hokage who hasn't been here before! I swear to you! So keep an eye on me from above..." he said and looked at the sky.

"Keep an eye on me too, Chiyo-baasama..." Hinata smiled at the sky and prayed to heaven. Naruto felt better. But he still felt in his heart the grief of losing his beloved.

"So that's how Sasuke felt..."

"I'm sorry, Hinata, I have something else to do..."

"O-of course!" Naruto went to the tree where he always trained with Jiraiya.

"I'm not used to being here alone..." Then he built a tombstone for Jiraiya.

"Ero-sennin, we're going to meet here, so I hope you don't spy on women in heaven while I'm waiting for you." He wiped a tear from his eye. He smiled and left. He bought a double popsicle that night and sat on a bench, but his tears would not allow him to eat it. Iruka saw him and sat down next to him. He tried to cheer him up ... Well, he tried...

... The next day, he was brought in by Shikamaru to decipher Jiraiya's code. Naruto was not in the mood, but Shikamaru reminded him that he was not the only one who had lost his beloved master...

"Shikamaru, go away, I'm really not in the mood."

"Damn it, Naruto, finally realize that you are not the only one who has lost his master!"

Naruto was well aware of this, so he tried to help them. Thanks to him, they had come to the message he had left behind, but they did not understand it, nor did Fukasaku.

... The real one is not among them...

Author's note: Okay, it's here again. Honestly, I am one of those who think that Naruto's reaction to Jiraiya's death is sadder than the death itself. That's why this song is for Jiraiya and Naruto ... R.I.P Ero-sennin...😢

© Simple plan