Chapter 44

"You traitor!" Naruto wanted to attack him.

"Wait, Naruto,“"said Yamato and caught his wrist.

"I think this belongs to you," said Hinata.

"Hmm, thank you … I was looking for it right now." He smiled falsely again. Hinata looked at him in disbelief.

"Sai, why did you do that?" asked Yamato.

"I'm doing it for Danzo-sama, I should have found Orochimaru's hideout and got some information from Orochimaru. I'm a double agent."

"Can we trust you?"

"You don't have to," said Sai.

"Yeah, and Naruto-kun, I met Sasuke-kun."

"Sasuke? What did he say?"

"I mentioned you, but he doesn't seem to care."

"Sasuke!" Naruto clenched his fist.

"Why are you going so far for him?"

"I already said, he's my friend ... I can't just let him go!"

"Naruto-kun…"

"Is that what friendship is about?" asked Sai.

"Yes, you experience everything with your friends. All the pain and joy. A friend is an inseparable part of your life," said Hinata.

"That's what it's about…" Sai remembered his dead brother.

"Nii-san…"

"Is the man in this book your brother?" asked Hinata.

"T-that’s right, he died of an illness," said sadly Sai.

"I'm sorry," said Hinata.

"I didn't know that, Sai…" said empathetically Naruto.

"It’s all right, I've come to terms with it."

"We had a nice chat, but I still don't trust you," said Yamato and tied him up with Mokuton.

"I understand," said Sai. And they took him out. But Kabuto was waiting for them there.

"Did you really think I wouldn't find you?" Kabuto stole Sai from them.

"Hey!"

"I trust you, so I'll let you go," said Kabuto and released Sai. But Sai attacked him from behind.

"Yamato Taicho, now!" said Sai and Yamato tied him up.

"Sai," said Naruto.

"Thank you, Sai, you saved us a job, but why did you do it?"

"When I heard from Hinata-san what Sasuke-kun means to Naruto-kun, I knew what friendship really is. And I would like to see it with my own eyes."

"I'll be happy to show you that-ttebayo!" said Naruto. Sai smiled, really this time. Yamato left his clone there to guard Kabuto, and then they split up. Hinata, Naruto and Sai were together, Yamato went alone. After a moment of searching, they took a break. Naruto is quite tired, also because he carries the wounded Hinata. They took a break and sat down against a wall. 

"Naruto-kun, I wanted to ask you a long time ago. Why are you carrying Hinata-san?"

"Well … A lot happened, and when I wasn't myself, I hurt her…" Naruto still felt guilty.

"Oh, I see."

"You know, you really remind me of my brother. You behave the same, you are just as kind and you have the same 'equipment'."

"Sai, don't say it here in front of Hinata!!" She giggled.

"I have an idea, I'm going to look for Sasuke-kun while you can rest here." Naruto agreed and Sai left. But Sai forgot his bag there.

"Hmm? What is it?" asked Naruto.

"C-can I look?"

"Of course." The book was locked. It must be something quite secret.

"Byakugan!“ Hinata saw the contents of the book and then dropped the book.

"I can’t believe it…!"

"What did you see?!"

"It’s Bingo book. And Sasuke-kun is written there too…"

"Wait, Bingo book… It has an ANBU, it's a list of people that need to be eliminated!"

"Looks like Sai-kun wasn't here for spying…"

"I'm sorry, Hinata, but I have to go after him!"

"O-of course." Naruto went looking for Sai, looking for him everywhere, but there were so many rooms that it wasn't easy. Even using clones. Sai found Sasuke right away thanks to his ninja art. His room was dark, he seemed to be asleep. Sai drew snakes around him.

"Who is it?" asked coldly Sasuke.

"I originally came here to kill you, Sasuke-kun. But Naruto's bond with you clarified my mind. That is why I will bring you back to the Hidden Leaf Village, for better or worse." Sasuke smirked.

"That really won't happen." Then there was an explosion. Naruto ran after the sound. Yamato ran into Hinata and helped her get to the blast, too. Sai got there last. Naruto was there first.

„Naruto, is that you?“