Chapter 38

Naruto put his hands around his neck and walked around the village.

"N-Naruto-kun…" but then Hinata addressed him.

"Hinata, what happened?" he asked.

"Well…" She handed him the piece of paper Sasori had left behind.

"Kabuto … The treacherous rat from Orochimaru was Sasori's spy!"

"W-wait, I don’t get it." Naruto took her by the shoulders.

"Actually, I never told you, but once we went looking for Tsunade no Baachan, Orochimaru attacked us... and Kabuto with him." Naruto clenched his fist.

"But he helped us…"

"You know, he only did it to get closer to Sasuke. He didn’t care about us at all-ttebayo."

"That's awful."

"But don't worry, we'll bring Sasuke back to the village together."

"T-together?" She blushed a little.

"Of course, I couldn't do it without you. Just beating a strong ninja like Sasori makes you incredibly strong!" said Naruto.

"D-don't exaggerate, I think it was his will to die. He didn't defend himself at all when he saw me attack … Plus, I wouldn't be able to do it without Chiyo-baasama."

"No, Hinata, you are really strong…"
Naruto said, turning his back on her. Then he went to ask Tsunade for permission. It was Hinata's only salvation. She thought she had overcome her nervousness when it comes to Naruto, but…

"Tsunade no Baachan, I'd like to ask you permission for one mission," he said, showing her the piece of paper.

"Kabuto … Where did you find it?"

"Well, when Hinata fought Sasori, he lost this."

"I see. And you want me to let you investigate?" Naruto nodded.

"What is it about?" asked Sakura who was just in the office.

"Kabuto…"

"Orochimaru's aide?" Tsunade nodded. Tsunade told Sakura all this, she had gained trust in her over the years.

"If it's Kabuto, it's Orochimaru ... We could use this to find out where Sasuke-kun is!" said Sakura.

"That's why I'm here, dattebayo," said Naruto.

"Please, let me go with him!" said seriously Sakura.

"Sakura … No."

"W-what did you say?!"

"No, I need you for something else."

"But there is also Ino, Shizune and Hinata!"

"Hinata is a member of Team 7, she must go with Naruto. Plus, for you, Sakura, I have a very important mission. You will bring the desired herbs to the Hidden Sand Village and you will teach present and future medical ninjas there!"

"I … understand," Sakura said sadly.

"I know how much you care about Sasuke, but this is much more important to the medical ninja. More lives depend on it, so I need you. No one else can do it…"

"Do you believe me that much?"

"Of course, you're my disciple." Sakura smiled. She wiped away a tear and agreed to her mission.

"Naruto … please try to convince Sasuke-kun," said Sakura and left.

"I'll do what I can, Sakura-chan…" thought Naruto.

"Naruto, let's talk," said Tsunade.

"Why? I thought it was clear."

"Yes, but you need a team to go on such a mission. Plus, I have to watch over you when you're Jinchuuriki."

"We have me, Hinata and Kakashi-sensei. Who else do we need?"

"First, a replacement for Sasuke…" This offended Naruto.

"… Second, Kakashi is in bad shape after your last mission, you need a replacement for Kakashi as well."

"And what if I don't have one?"

"The other chunins are on a mission, Neji too … Don't worry, I'll get you someone…"

"It won't even be necessary," said Danzo, who had just entered the door.

"Danzo…" Tsunade grinned at him.

"I would like to send my loyal member of Root to Team Kakashi."

"And who should it be?"

"I'd tell you, but alone."

"Naruto, Hinata, wait for more orders," said Tsunade and sent them away.

"I wonder who Danzo is," said Naruto.

"He didn't look very likeable…" said Hinata.

"Yeah, Hinata, wouldn't you like to get a Ramen before they call us?"

"M-me?!"

"Huh? Don't you want to?"

"O-of course…" Hinata stared at the ground.

"I-I just don't have much money, so I can't invite you…" said nervously Naruto.

"It doesn't matter at all, I'd love to go…" she said.

"I was already afraid you didn't want to when you kept looking at the ground."

"I-it's not because of you!" denied Hinata.

"Seriously? I am glad then. See you in an hour at Ichiraku-ttebayo!" said Naruto and said goodbye.

Should I take it as a date? No, that would be selfish of me. It's more of a small friendly gesture ... I'm really looking forward to it anyway!

But Naruto was now dealing with something else...