Chapter 69 - The End

… Few years later

Naruto's ceremony is being held today to become the official Hokage. Hinata couldn't be more proud of him.

Hinata did not have short hair, she just tied it in a ponytail, so that they  would not interfere in healthcare. She worked at the hospital and helped Sakura with difficult operations. She already mastered her medical techniques thanks to Saiken, who helped her a lot. His chakra was necessary.

Hinata took care of the children and gave Naruto a finished cloak. Today is his big day, he must not be late! Naruto went with the children and Hinata and then approached Kakashi, who was ready to give him a Hokage cap. Naruto was proud. Both of himself and of his village, which he now has to protect even at the cost of his life.

"Our spouses are just amazing!" said Sakura.

"You are right, I'm sorry Sasuke-kun had to leave on a long mission."

"Sarada and I will get use to it anyway, right?" Sarada grinned.

"Uhh."

"It's starting," said Hinata.

"Dear villagers, I would like to introduce you the Seventh Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto!" said Kakashi and let Naruto take the floor.

"I appreciate it, it's been my dream since childhood and without the help of my dear friends and my beloved wife I would never have been able to do it. Thank you all!" said Naruto and waved. Everyone clapped and Hinata blushed after what Naruto said. Himawari noticed.

"Why is your face red, mom?"

"I'm just proud of your father."

"Pche, I bet anyone could do it." Hinata giggled.

"You're still small, Boruto, so you won't understand, but your father has worked hard to achieve this. He became a hero of the Fourth great ninja war and…"

"Yeah, yeah, we know…" said Boruto. After the ceremony, they took a photo together. Naruto kissed Hinata on her cheek and the children laughed. Well, Himawari focused more on her parents.

… Unfortunately, Naruto has been busy since becoming Hokage. Hinata was sorry mainly for the children, but she knew how important Naruto's work was to the village. Only Boruto didn't understand yet…

"I’m home…"

"Don't you want dinner, Darling?"

"I’m sorry, Hinata, but I’m too tired. I'm going straight to bed."

"O-of course." Hinata was sad.

"That old fool! He had already exaggerated denying mom‘s dinner!" said Boruto.

"Boruto, calm down!" said Hinata.

"But Mom!"

"You'll understand one day, Boruto," said Hinata and cleared the dinner Naruto didn't eat. She put the children to bed and went to bed herself as well. When she went to bed, Naruto was already asleep in their double bed.

"He hasn't slept here for a long time..." thought Hinata. Then she went to bed. Suddenly she felt Naruto embrace her.

"I'm so sorry, Hinata…"

"He talks from sleep," thought Hinata. When she woke up, Naruto was about to go to work.

"W-wait, I'll make you a snack."

"You're the best, Hinata." He kissed her on the cheek. The children were already getting up. It was Boruto's first day at the academy. Naruto was supposed to be there too.

"We can go together," said Naruto and Boruto's eyes lit up.

"When you insist…" But he played the dude. Hinata and Himawari also went with them. They didn't want to miss it.

But it went like this all the time. Naruto barely looked home. Hinata pretended not to be bothered, but the opposite is true. She didn't know what to expect, so she decided to talk to Sakura. Sasuke is still gone, too. She will understand her.

"Sakura-chan, I really don't know what to do. Naruto-kun is needed for the village, but at home he is also needed. Children are starting to get naughty, especially Boruto. He loves his father and regrets that he prefers to work than to be with him…"

"Talk to him."

"What?"

"Talk to Naruto. He should know about your feelings, you're his wife."

"Maybe you are right … Thank you."

"It's okay, it also bothers me that Sasuke-kun is gone, and Sarada is pretty annoying when it comes to her father, but I do what I can until he comes back…" said Sakura.

"You are really strong, I admire you," said Hinata.

"You are strong too." Hinata had just gone to bring Naruto's clothes to change. Actually, no, she decided that he will sleep at home today.

"Hinata, it's you, you can put it here," said Naruto and worked on his computer. He had complete circles under his eyes.

"It doesn't go on like this!"

"What did you say?!"

"You didn't even sleep at night. You can't overload!"

"I'm Hokage, it's my job."

"I'm starting to think you're a robot. You keep saying that over and over again."

"Until now, you didn't mind. Why now?"

"Because … I miss you. Me and the children." Naruto stopped working.

"What do you really want from me? To give up on my dream?"

"No this not. If only you were home more…"

"I have work to do, I can't afford it."

"What about Shikamaru-kun?"

"Hokage has to do this."

"And what if you took it home, I could help you…" said Hinata and Naruto thought.

"Maybe you're right. I could only be in my office for a discussion with Shikamaru and personal communication of missions." Hinata smiled. Would Naruto really change his mind?

"Sorry I didn't pay enough attention to you. I'll make it up to you tonight."

"W-what do you mean?" She blushed.

"You won't find out until tonight," he teased her. Meanwhile, he left his shadow clone there and left with Hinata. He still had to think about it. Maybe he could leave the paperwork to his shadow clones and concentrate only on protecting the village.

"I decided, I want to be more with my family!" said Naruto seriously.

Naruto-kun tried hard. He spent as much time as possible with the children and they were very grateful for that. And Boruto started acting like a normal boy and not like ... a brat. He loves his father very much for which I am happy. Instead, he sent his shadow clones to work and only when it was serious he came to work in person. He paid more attention to me too. There was not a day when he didn't kiss me on the cheek and he brought me a bouquet every week. He was so attentive. We spent a lot of time together and now we are expecting another baby...

End of the story. I hope you liked it.❤️