Chapter 31

"Let it be, what about you? You have grown a lot."

"Me? Oh yeah, it was hell with Ero-sennin, most of the time we spied on women. I can't believe he enjoys something like that!" said Naruto.

"Y-you spied on them too?"

"Of course not, I'm not such a pervert!"

"I believe you." She smiled at him.

"But the training was worth it. I can't wait to show you what I can do!"

"… N-Naruto-kun, can I ask you something?"

"What do you want to ask?"

"D-did I change…?"

"Not a bit!" Hinata was little upset.

"I-I’m kidding. Your hair … they are longer. A-and in those three years, you have grown … into a beauty. But most of all, you look stronger. It's recognizable." Hinata blushed. She didn't expect this from him.

"You have a fever? Your face is red…" Naruto touched her forehead.

"N-no, it’s nothing…"

"Hey, haven't we been here before?"

"You are right … I forgot to activate my Byakugan."

"The barrier is good ... You probably won't get back without Byakugan."

"Byakugan!" Her eyes glowed blue.

"Wow! Your eyes are beautiful, Hinata!"

"We have to go this way." Eventually, Hinata got them out of the forest.

"What would I do without you, Hinata." Laughed nervously Naruto. When they returned, Tsunade called them.

"Team 7 will now be called Team Kakashi. The team includes jonin Hatake Kakashi, chunin Hyuuga Hinata and genin Uzumaki Naruto!"

"Hinata! When did you become chunin?!"

"Shut up, Naruto, you're the only genin here right now, everyone else in your generation is chunin and Neji is even jonin!" said Tsunade.

"Whaaat?! What did I miss?!"

"Chunin exams."

"Gaara-kun is now Kazekage," Kakashi noted. Naruto was upset.

"He’s Kazekage, huh ... Well, I’m proud of him!" Naruto smirked. Hinata smiled when she heard it.

"Team Kakashi, it's time to test your skills…"

"Skills?!"

"And your opponent will be Kakashi himself."

"K-Kakashi-sensei?"

"I won’t be gentle on you," said seriously Kakashi.

"I like it!" said Naruto.

"Okay, I'll see you on the training grounds in three hours." Then Kakashi disappeared.

"We’ll defeat him, Hinata!" said Naruto and Hinata nodded.

© Ed Sheeran