Chapter 26

Part 2

The second part should take place in Hidden Sand Village.

"Now you run to Hidden Sand Village. Failure to do so in time will result in disqualification," said Temari. Only Neji and Hinata noticed her stopwatch.

"Time is running out," they both said at the same time. Neji was 100 percent sure he had no competition except Hinata. But still some showed up.

"I thought we were first."

"Hinata, do you see anyone?" asked Ino.

"Only Neji-nii-san's team and a team from Hidden Waterfall Village."

"How?! I thought that only Neji is ahead of us!"

"I don’t know … Wait! The girl has a lot of chakra!"

"Do you see this too?"

"With my Perfect Byakugan I see everything. But that chakra isn’t normal … I think she’s a Jinchuuriki."

"Jinchuuriki?! Like Naruto?!"

"Yes, I suppose…"

"That’s so unfair…" sighed Sakura.

"Calm down, Sakura, maybe she is a Jinchuuriki, but we have Hinata! Not only that! I'm sensible and you're great medical ninja! I'm sure we'll be the chunins this year!" Hinata smiled. She wasn't so nervous anymore. Ino hugged them.

"As friends we have to help each other!" Hinata nodded.

It’s really nice to have friends…

"Too bad Hinata is not on our team. Shikamaru is just saying "what a drag" all the time."

"But Sakura! Without Shikamaru  we wouldn’t do half missions! He is the driving force behind our team due to his cleverness!"

"Yeah, you are right…"

"By the way, Hinata, how was it in the team with Sasuke-kun?"

"I'm interested in that too!"

"W-well…" Now that Sasuke had left them, she didn't like to talk about it, but she didn't want to disappoint them.

"He was cool. He even was cooperating with us … One time he saved Naruto-kun which I’m grateful for."

"Ho, so grateful, huh?"

"W-what?!" They looked scary.

"Don't you want to tell us something about that fool?"

"F-fool?"

"About N-Naruto-kun?" teased Ino.

"Heeh?!" Hinata blushed hard.

"You have it written on your face, Hinata, only that jerk doesn't know it…"

"I-I’m glad, I don’t want him to found out."

"Why? Don’t you love him?"

"I-I do, but it’s better this way."

"You are just so kind, Hinata. Think a little of yourself!" said Ino.

"What's more, I'm annoyed that he's still inviting me on a date, at least I'd get rid of him," said Sakura.

"M-maybe he really likes you, Sakura-chan."

"That’s even worse…"

"Are we approaching yet? We've been running for three days in a row. I'm really tired … ahh…" Ino yawned.

"Yes. We'll be there in three hundred meters."

"Great!" They finished third. The first was the mysterious Jinchuuriki team and the second was Neji's team.