Chapter 45

"Sasuke!"

"Hinata … and who are you? I thought it would be Kakashi."

"Sakura isn’t here…" thought Sasuke.

"Sasuke-kun…" Hinata no longer recognized Sasuke.

"What is? Why did you want to see me by force?"

"Sasuke! Come back to the village!"

"Hah, You don't understand yet, Naruto? Leaving was my own decision."

"Orochimaru is just using you to get your body!"

"And what? My goal is to kill Itachi. If my dream comes true, let him kill me."

"Why do you want to kill him so much?!" asked Hinata.

"Your clan is fine, so you don't understand, Hinata. My brother exterminated my entire clan, my father, my mother, everyone … Do you know how hard it was to come to terms with it? Actually, it's impossible, so I'll kill my brother and take revenge for my clan!"

"Sasuke and what about our bond?!" yelled Naruto.

"You don't remember it? I ripped off all the bonds. All I have is hatred for my brother. You two don't interest me at all."

"So why didn't you kill me then?!" 

"I didn't want to obey my brother's stupid orders…" Sasuke approached Naruto at a brisk speed.

"… but I will definitely kill you this time!"

"He’s so fast!" thought Hinata.

"You know, Naruto, over the years, you should have trained instead of looking for me. Don't you want to become a Hokage anymore?"

"How could I become a Hokage if I can't even save my own friend."

"Enough talk…!"

Sasuke wanted to kill him, but Kyuubi's chakra flowed in Naruto again. Sasuke reached his subconscious.

"So this is your secret power? A nine-tailed monster, Kyuubi."

"Your eyes are full of darkness like the eyes of Uchiha Madara back then. Maybe one day you'll be stronger than him..."

"Shut up!" Sasuke squeezed his bubble form and the Kyuubi dissipated. Then Sasuke disappeared from his subconscious. Sasuke jumped back into place.

"You know what? I've changed my mind, I'm going to kill you all!" But Sasuke was stopped by Orochimaru.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Calm down, Sasuke-kun. These are very useful to us."

"That's right, we need them to exterminate Akatsuki. We'll keep them alive now." Sasuke smirked and then they all disappeared. Naruto knelt and hit the ground.

"Why? Why doesn't he want to come with us?!" Hinata touched his shoulder.

"Sasuke-kun has changed, but that doesn't mean we'll never get him back…"

"I know you are right, but this hurts. I'm weak, so I couldn't stop him. I have to step up..."

"I also have to step up," thought Hinata.

"Let's go back," said Yamato. Naruto and Hinata were depressed, but they agreed. Hinata's leg was better, so she just leaned on Naruto. The journey back did not take them that long. Everything was reported by Tsunade. Also the fact that Sai passed on to Orochimar data about the ANBU. Tsunade had to reorganize everything immediately. Sakura healed Hinata's leg. The wound was no longer so adamant. Naruto explained to her what had happened to Sasuke. Sakura was sad about it, but she didn't blame Naruto.