Chapter 46 - Naruto's birthday

One more month before Hinata's training. Naruto and Hinata were given a top secret mission to spy on Root. Tsunade didn't trust Danzo at all now, and she wanted to verify something. But even before that, Naruto celebrated his 16th birthday. He returned home as usual. It was just another lonely day for him.

"Surprise!" said Hinata. With her there was Iruka and healed Kakashi.

"Hinata! Kakashi-sensei and Iruka-sensei! What does that mean?!"

"Hinata asked us to celebrate your 16th birthday with you," said Kakashi.

"No way! Did you really do that for me, Hinata?" She smiled at him.

"I'm glad to be here for your birthday, Naruto,“ said Iruka.

"This is the best birthday!" Naruto was happy and Hinata giggled.

"I-I wanted to ask the others, but either they had a mission or they didn't have time. For example, Sakura-chan is still working in the hospital now, but I'm sure she would like to come."

"It's still my best birthday. Thank you, Hinata." Naruto hugged her tightly.

"N-Naruto-kun, I can’t breathe…" Naruto had tears in his eyes. He was extremely moved. Then he realized that he had almost suffocated her and let go. Hinata gave him a party hat like everyone else. Then it was time for the cake. It was strawberry with chocolate icing.

"Don't tell me you made the cake, Hinata!"

"D-don't you like it?"

"Are you crazy? This is the best cake I've ever eaten, even though it's my first cake…"

"It‘s really good, Hinata."

"I’m glad you like it, Kakashi-sensei."

"You're a really great confectioner, Hinata," said Iruka. Hinata smiled. Naruto overflowed after a while. He hadn't eaten anything so good yet. Hinata blushed when she saw how much he liked it. It was evening and the end of the party. Hinata thanked Iruka and Kakashi for coming. She also wanted to leave…

"I almost forgot!" She turned and walked over to Naruto.

"I-I forgot to give you a present…" Naruto kissed her, which Hinata didn't expect at all...

"I don't need a present if I have you," said Naruto. Hinata couldn't blush anymore.

"Did I do something wrong? I guess I shouldn't have done that…" Hinata closed her eyes and handed him the present. Naruto took it and Hinata quickly ran away.

"I must have offended her…" Naruto misunderstood, but found no better opportunity than to show her his gratitude. After this gesture, he didn't even think about Sakura. After all, she was in love with Sasuke. Naruto opened the present from Hinata. It was a red scarf. Hand knitted.

"Knitting is hard ... It must have given her a lot of work … Wait, I remember this scarf. It's the same scarf that the boys once destroyed for me ... How can she still remember it?" Naruto sniffed at the scarf.

"It smells like her…" he thought.

I can't believe what got into him ... Does that mean he shares my feelings? Stupid Hinato, of course not. He loves Sakura. He only had to do it out of affect ... It's quite painful to admit it ... But even so, it was my first kiss and at the same time the most beautiful ... I love him and I know that I have to tell him one day...

© Ed Sheeran