Chapter 49

Meanwhile with Naruto

Something terrible happened two weeks ago. Naruto was in the middle of practice when Team 10 returned from a mission. They were sad and said nothing. Then one of the participants in the mission approached them.

"... Tomorrow is the funeral of Sarutobi Asuma. Please attend."

"W-what did you say?" asked Naruto.

"Sarutobi Asuma died during the mission."

"Shikamaru…"

The next day there was a funeral. Shikamaru couldn't stand it and left earlier. He suffocated the anger, but after talking to his father, he let it all out. Then he came up with a strategy … Naruto arrived at the last minute with his new jutsu and they defeated two other Akatsuki members together.

Hinata continued training without knowing anything about it. Today was the full moon. In addition, Hinata must not make the mistake of getting energy from the moon. This could have consequences.

"Hinata, I must warn you that you must not make a mistake at any cost. If that happens ... You will become immortal. The month is taking a big toll on such a mistake."

"I-is that why you're still alive? Because you are immortal?!" She nodded.

"That's why I need you, Hinata, only you can break the curse and I can die contentedly."

I don't know why, but there were tears in my eyes. I already liked her during that time, I don't want to lose her, even though it may sound selfish...

"I-if it is your will, I will be happy to accommodate you…"

"You're a good girl, Hinata." She wiped away her tears and prepared for today's full moon. Before that, Hito had to prepare a ritual to accumulate energy from the moon. It is much more complicated than accumulating natural energy. The night came and the ritual was ready.

"Hinata, now you have to meditate inside this triangle. But it's not just about meditating, you have to accumulate energy from the moon. You must not make mistakes and keep your balance exactly as I taught you."

"Of course." The ritual has begun. A green glow streamed around Hinata. As with healing techniques and exactly these benefits, Hinata will achieve. Thanks to the energy from the moon, he gets much better healing techniques than from the Bakugou seal. But it takes at least a year, because she only gets it with the Gekkou seal.

"The ritual is going well, use your Byakugan now." Hinata's eyes glowed dark blue. In addition, they reflected the moon.

"I didn't know that the color of Byakugan changes at night…" thought Hito. It's so-called night vision. Therefore, the color of the eyes changes. Hinata had not used her Byakugan at night. Hito yes, but she couldn't see the color.

"It's been three hours ... She can't continue using Byakugan or she'll lose her balance due to lack of chakra ..."

"Hinata, close your eyes and stop using Byakugan…" But Hinata was somehow paralyzed.

"Hinata!" Fortunately, she heard Hito's voice and closed her eyes.

"That was close…" Unfortunately, the absorption of energy takes all night, so they both had sleep deprivation.

"The first full moon is successfully over." Since everything turned out as it should, Hito let Hinata return to the village. Just when it was most needed...

Some time ago, Sasuke killed Orochimaru and set out to find his partners to accomplish his goal. Naruto went looking for him. But yesterday Jiraiya left the village for an important mission, He left for an important mission, the infiltration of Akatsuki's leader’s hideout. Tsunade didn't want to let him on such a dangerous mission, but he decided for himself.

Naruto was right in the middle of Sasuke's search mission when he felt a special energy on him. It was the soul of Jiraiya. He watched him for the last time and then he went to see Naruto's parents. Itachi also died fighting Sasuke. Sasuke later regretted his action and decided to take the revenge on the village,  awaking his Mangekyo Sharingan. Sasuke disappeared again, so Naruto returned … But he didn't know what awaited him...

When Hinata returned, she had just seen Naruto's group return from their mission. Naruto was depressed, so was Sakura. Exceptionally, Tsunade let her go on this mission, but she didn't meet Sasuke anyway…

Hinata noticed large toads near the Hokage’s estate. Naruto too, but he didn't care about it.

"Naruto, have you heard about it?" asked Gamakichi.

"Silence Gamakichi, this is the work of others!" said Gamabunta.

"S-sure, Dad." Naruto didn't know what it was all about. Hinata was curious and went to see Tsunade too. She could find out by Byakugan, but it's too disrespectful. Naruto's group was already in the office when Hinata arrived.

"Hinata?!" Naruto was surprised.

"I-I’m back!"

"I’m glad-ttebayo!"

"Silence, especially you, Naruto, have to listen to this…"

Why is Tsunade-sama so serious? Something must have happened…