15

The last few weeks have been agonizing. I've had to track down vampires and assist Taemin in extracting information. Besides helping Tae, my family has been pressuring me to find out more about Nicole's heritage. It was nearly impossible because Nicole didn't even know about her heritage. Yes, we could all agree that she wasn't just human, but I didn't know what else she was.

On a particular week, I had received word that my father wanted me to return. I arrived to find him wanting me to create a silver bomb. I compiled, of course. My father then rewarded me with a harem of vampire women. I couldn't get out of sleeping with them because they were loyal to my father.

I remember scrubbing myself clean the following morning. I felt dirty after sleeping with them. I found no pleasure in the ecstasy or orgasms. Everything was purely physical for me and it made me disgusted. I felt like I had betrayed Nicole. I'm having an internal war going on in my mind. Do I pacify my heart or listen to my mind? If I pursue things with Nicole, then she'll suffer at my father's hands. And if I don't pursue things with her, I'll be left yearning for her. I'll ache to be the object of her desire.

I had returned to America to find Tae and Lexi looking over files. They were able to find out that Nicole's boss was Matt Russo. He was a high ranking member of the Ricci family. This only confirmed our suspicions of Nicole, unbeknownst to her, working for the wolves. It put us in a tough spot because we didn't know what they would do with the information they found.

They obviously knew we were helping their side. They just didn't know why we were helping them. We were worried they'd be distrustful of us and would refuse anymore of our help. It was also a fear that word would get out and my father would hear the rumors. Alec and my mother were trying to figure out how to deal with the undesirable information. I needed a breather, so I asked Nicole to meet me in the park.

"It smells nice." I heard Nicole sniff the rose I had gotten for her.

"I'm glad you like it." My eyes were trained on the clouds. Why must everything be so difficult between us?

"You know you shouldn't be going out of your way. I never get romantically involved when on a mission." I felt my heartbreak at her statement. I knew she'd be that way from the beginning, but it still hurt to hear. I started to believe that she didn't want me.

"Well, I'm making it my mission to break you." I teased her and pushed her onto her back. I hovered over her to the point my lips ghosted over hers. "I do love a good challenge." I blew a breath at her lip. "Looks like I'm not the only one struggling to hold back." I smirked at smelling her arousal. If I didn't stop now, then I wouldn't be able to control myself. I wasn't against taking her in the public park.

"There could be eyes everywhere." She quickly spoke. "Can't be kissing my target in broad daylight. People may question my motives." She lied onto her back.

"You're an agent. You must've used your sexuality to seduce others. Would it really be that out of character to be kissing me?" Was she really repulsed by the thought of being physical with me?

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. It pained me to know that she didn't even answer the question. I felt so insecure. "I've never slept with any of them." I let out a sigh of relief. So she wasn't repulsed by me. She just had a rule against it. "Not like I'm a virgin, though." I smirked at that.

"Really? And here I thought our sexual tension was due to the pressure in your unpopped cherry." I got on top of her. I made sure to pin her hands above her head. "I can't help but wonder what kind of lover you are." I whispered. It was getting harder and harder for me to resist my sexual desires with this girl. And her arousal was not helping my control!