79

Mila had her hands around my neck while mine were attached to her waist. We smirked as we sensually danced together. Lexi excitedly clapped and shook an annoyed Taemin. Nick twirled Sophie around while Alec conversed with Dante about future threats. I noticed Hailey and my mother were laughing over something ridiculously stupid.

"Larz?" I focused my attention back on the love of my life.

"Yes, my love."

"Where's Zena?" She looked around and became slightly panicked.

"She's with Naomi."

"How do you know? Did they tell you?"

"No." I chuckled. "I know because those two aren't here." I gestured to the two occupants that went missing.

"We should find them. Zena could be taken again! Or at least send a guard."

"A guard was already dispatched." I smiled.

"What?"

"Tell me who else isn't here, secret agent." I nipped her ear.

Mila's eyes wandered through the crowd before spotting the missing piece. She sent me a look, so I simply nodded.

"Taemin noticed them leave and tailed Zena." I answered. "And he'd only leave his beloved Nick if it was something he deemed important. Zena is safe. She will not be taken under Taemin's watch. And that's a promise to you."

"That's what we thought with Dom." Mila looked down. "And it's still hard to lower my guard and completely trust him to watch my daughter."

"How do I say this in the most respectful way possible?" I pondered. "Taemin is built different." I concluded. "Nothing will happen with him around."

"Should we change bodyguards and make him her permanent one?" Mila's lip quivered.

"No, Taemin's duty is to guard my brother, the King." I chuckled. "And I trust Dom."

"If you trust him, then I trust him too." Mila leaned forward and captured my lips. "I love you."

"I love you mor-"

"Nope!" Mila shoved me backwards.

I smirked and yanked her into me. Mila laughed as I refused to release her out my arms. I then began peppering her neck with kisses, causing her to squeak in laughter since she's ticklish. Hailey and my mother noticed the sound, so they glanced in our direction. I watched the two of them send genuine smiles my way. I smiled back and continued playing around with my mate.

It was a few hours later and we noticed Taemin had returned. I sensed sorrow off him, but not guilt. Mila immediately picked it up as well and made her way to my side. I dismissed myself from Lexi and watched her bound over to Nick and Sophie. Mila held my hand as we approached Taemin.

Taemin sensed us and looked up. His stoic mask was on, but I could see straight through him. I didn't know why he pretended that I couldn't sense his emotions. We are vampires after all.

"Where's my daughter?" I demanded.

"She said she's tired." He replied.

"It's barely 9pm." Mila's brows furrowed. "Zena generally goes to bed around midnight."

"She said she's tired or she is tired? Which is it, Taemin?" I snapped since my patience was wearing thin.

"She said she was tired."

"Taemin, I'll ask you one more time." I took a deep breath, but Taemin spoke.

"She had me promise." He sadly spoke. "Please don't make me break my promise."