95

I was intently staring at the page before me. Francesca lectured me about not working, so I'm working now. It's a drag, but I'm in the zone. My eyes were focused on the page and I searched for any loopholes in spells. As I was peering at the page, a loud bang was heard.

I jumped and turned to see Bridgette outside my window. She smirked and walked through the front door. That bitch.

"Did I scare you?" She impishly smiled.

"Of course not. I jumped to appease you." I grumbled.

"What are you doing?" She peered at the page. "Looks boring."

"It's worse than it even looks." I mumbled. "Francesca has me on study duty. I hate it."

"Hmm... perhaps, you'll enjoy this more." She leaned against the desk. "It's parent's weekend, so hang with your child. I'm sure she needs more of her mother than she's received."

"One more word and-"

"Does she even remember what you look like?" She tilted her head.

"No! No! I promised Hailey I wouldn't ring your neck." I held my finger up. "At least not today." I smiled and whizzed out the room.

I texted Zena about meeting up for parents weekend, but I get the vibe she's ghosting me. I quickly found Haileyand began talking her. We told people that she was my adoptive mother, which was kinda true. Hailey and I laughed at her recent sexcapades.

Hailey and my conversation was interrupted by a loud shriek. I arched a brow because that vocie sounded eerily similar to acacia. The two of us rounded the corner to find my daughter in tears. What did that prissy elf do to my wonderful little cabbage?

I saw red when the elf called my daughter a freak. She then had the nerve to try and touch my daughter, so I sped forth and caught her wrist. I'd have snapped it if Zena wouldn't have been angry. I reluctantly released the elf and warned the girl never to address my daughter so rudely and demanding ever again.

"Don't ever speak to her again." Dior addressed acacia.

I then firmly dragged my daughter away and ignored the stares. Hailey quietly followed us through the campus. Bridgette, Francesca, and Josephine watched us, but knew better than to say anything. They just nodded and dismissed the crowd. I opened a portal to Italy because I think Mila maybe able to help make our daughter feel better.

Zena stayed home for a few days and Mila, being Mila, easily improved her spirits. We chuckled and had time to be together as a family. It felt like forever since we were able to all casually be together. Eventually, Zena felt better, so we returned to Croatia. I just hope Acaciadoesn't harass my daughter again. It's getting harder to pick a team because both options suck. Team Acaciavs. Team Naomi. Why does my daughter pick the worst competitors?!

X

Francesca, Bridgette, and I were researching possible war strategies. Bridgette then told Francesca that a tour had to be given. Francesca sighed and claimed she'd return after the tour. Once she was gone, Bridgette addressed me.

"We won't find anything new today. Go spend time with your kid."

"You sure about that?"

"Her classes should be over soon."

"What do you expect me to do with her?" I smirked.

"Go see an ant farm." She gave me two tickets.

"I'd much rather burn them." I ignited my hand on fire and stared at her as the tickets burnt to a crisp.