99

This whole housing Naomi at the villa as a source of support for Zena is beyond exhausting. I've had to literally carry Mila away since my mate wanted to mutilate the succubi multiple times. And all Naomi did was say hi.

What shocked me the most was Acacia running away. When Zena needed her most, she vanished... had to sneak in the avatar reference. But in all honesty, it hurt. I expected more of her. Guess she was just always going to be a disappointment. What confused me even more was apparently she came back, only to leave without visiting Zena?! Like what?

Mila had informed me of her run in with Acacia, but I thought it was weird that the girl didn't bother to see my daughter. The irrational part of my brain wants to rip her to shreds. But, my rational side states that something caused her to leave. An outside force.

Speaking of outside forces... Nyx and Kennedy decided to show up unannounced. And then to add insult to injury, they demanded Zena come train with them. Mila and I were adamantly against the idea since we believed she needed to rest, but Zena desperately needed a distraction. Reluctantly, we allowed her to leave with Taemin. I know he'll take good care of her. And that man won't lose her. If Zena "sneaks away", it's because he's aware and tailing her at a distance.

While Zena was away, the wolves actually had a lead on the wolf realm. And this led to a massive argument between Mila and I. I wanted to join her, but she firmly told me I had to stay.

"Mila, it's dangerous."

"You need to trust me to take care of myself." She stated.

"I do!" I urged her. "It's just-"

"You're not confident in my abilities."

"I never said that." I declined. "I know you can take care of yourself, but what if something happens? You need backup."

"That's why I have Matt, Zayn, and Jade joining me." I scoffed at the names. "Allura, I'm serious. I'll be fine. You need to stay here and wait for whenever our daughter returns."

"When will you return?" I posed.

"Lara."

"I'm serious." I narrowed my eyes. "How will I know if you're safe or not?"

"You do realize I allowed you to enter the vampire realm alone." She raised a brow.

"Yes, but it's not as dangerous as the wolf realm. The vampires all treat me with honor and respect. The wolves there will want to rip you apart. Especially when they find out your identity. I can control my subjects, but you can't control them. They are all rogues. There's no order."

"It'd be worse for a vampire to enter that realm. They'll be even more hostile." She argued, causing me to groan. "Larz, I know you're scared, but trust me." She held my hand.

"Mila-"

"Trust me." She pecked my lips.

"Fine." I groaned. "But, I better not see a scratch on you." I pointed at her.

"Not even a paper cut." She smirked. "I'll come back with allies. I promise."

"Ya, ya. Just be careful." I begged.

"I will." She kissed me.

I sighed as I watched the four of them leave. This was hard. My mate was gone. My daughter was gone. Bridgette had left to provide military instructions to the vamp army. Francesca and mum were playing diplomats. And Hailey was keeping an eye on Acacia as a favor to Zena. Jeez, this is soul crushing.

A few days later, I was on the phone with Alec. He had called to give me an update on the vampires. They were all ready and awaiting my word. While I was speaking with him, Taemin entered.