41

I was getting tired of listening to my advisor's concern for a potential wolf attack. They were literally no match for us, so why was everyone so concerned. I had a slave serve me some blood wine (wine mixed with... well, you can figure it out). I desperately needed a drink if I had to endure anymore of these men's voices.

I gave a glance to Hailey. She got the hint and ended the meeting. I heard the men grumbling about how they had more to say. Unfortunately for them, I was more interested in literally anything else. I finished my glass and threw it down. The men jumped at the sound.

"She said we are finished." I coldly spoke. The men quickly nodded, but didn't move. "Out!" They quickly zoomed out the room. "Finally!" I exclaimed.

"Are you alright?" Hailey hesitantly asked.

"Yes, now that I don't have to listen to them anymore." I walked over to bite the slave girl. She whimpered while I sucked her blood out.

"Perhaps you should pull back, your majesty." Hailey's voice slightly shook.

I arched a brow and removed my lips from the slave girl. She let out an exhausted sigh. I pushed her so that she fell down. The girl was suffering from blood loss and would most likely pass out. But I wasn't concerned about her, I was more intrigued why Hailey thought she had authority to advise me on my feeding habits.

"What did you just say to me?" My voice was cold.

"I'm sorry, your majesty. It's just that the girl was close to death-"

I had Hailey by the throat. I slammed her into the wall and spoke through gritted teeth.

"Know your place, human sympathizer." I sneered. "Ever cross your place again and I won't hesitate to rip your heart out." I then slammed her through the wall. "And clean this up while you're at it." I gestured to the hole Hailey's body had created.

I was accompanied by guards as I walked to my study. They stood outside my door as I worked on some more paperwork. I glanced at some of the letters from other advisors. It did seem that the wolves were posing a threat. I was more than confident we could beat them, so I refused to send more troops. I didn't want the wolves to know we recognized them as a threat. That was actually the reason I didn't send any additional soldiers to these villages.

I reached for the bottle of wine and poured a generous amount. I sipped it and leaned against the couch. I began thinking of reasons why the wolves decided that now was the most optimal time to launch an attack. What made them shift.

I just realized that I had been absentmindedly rubbing my thumb against the ring on my finger. I took it off, so I could examine it. Inside the band, the words eternity and more were engraved. I truly didn't understand why and how I got this ring. I dropped my hand when I heard knocking on my door. I quickly slipped the ring back on my finger before allowing Taemin and Alec entry.

"Your majesty." They both bowed to me.

"Why are you here?" I skipped pleasantries.

"We've gotten word of more illegal auction houses." Taemin stated.

"And I'm planning on sending Taemin to raid them." Alec commented.

"And this was important to tell me, why?" I asked with an edge to my voice. "You just wasted 60 seconds of my eternal life." They withered under my gaze.

"I'm mentioning it because we'll need to temporarily house the slaves here while I manage to sort them-"

"I don't care what you do, Alec." I took a sip of my wine. "I'm busy." I waved them off.

"Are we allowed-"

"Yes!" I was getting agitated. "Now leave." I demanded.

They bowed and then swiftly left. Now, for a more serious question. Why do I have this necklace around my neck? I touched it and glanced down to view the design. It looked hand made, like if a skilled child had made it. Why am I wearing this? First the ring and now the necklace. Either I've suffered amnesia or my eidetic memory is failing me. And the latter wouldn't make sense since vampires have a perfect memory.