37

I was playing on the piano when I heard the light, pattering of feet. I turned with a smile to see Z looking at me. I tilted my head, causing her to smile and run up to me. I lifted her to sit between my legs. She was staring at the keys in wonder.

"Want to play?" I rested my chin atop her head. She enthusiastically nodded. "Okay, place your fingers here, little one." I gently instructed.

"Like this, maman?!"

"Exactly like that!" I smiled as she began playing the keys.

"This is so much fun!" I laughed when she began playing random keys. "Bam! Bam! Bam!" She played out of tune. It was adorable. "And can we paint too?!"

Her version of painting was splatter paint as well as making blobs on the canvas. Z could actually paint well, but she found it amusing to show Mila her horribly created pieces. She found it humorous how Mila would scrunch up her face and lie about how beautiful the picture was. One time, Mila snuck up on Z and saw a realistic looking landscape. Z's eyes had immediately widened and she tried to hide it, but Mila was faster. She then began questioning our daughter as to why she's never seen these beautiful pieces. Z responded that she wanted Mila to be under the impression she sucked just like her mum. I began hysterically laughing since she had successfully pranked her mum. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with Mila and Z. Mila truly met her pranking competition with our daughter.

"Petite chou, what do you want for your birthday party?" We began playing a piece together. Z was actually playing well now. Yes, she's actually great at any type of artistic work.

"Candy!" She squealed.

"But your mother is going to be a party pooper." I smirked since I sensed Mila in the room. "She's no fun, little- AHH!" I squealed when Mila dumped cold water on me.

"How's that for no fun?" She giggled. "And do we really want hyper Z being around candy?" She quirked a brow.

"Candy! Candy! Candy!" Z began jumping up and down.

"Then candy it is, little one." I kissed her cheek. "Do I get a kiss?" I puckered my lips to Mila.

"Sure." She deviously smirked.

She kissed me and blew a raspberry against my lips. Z and Mila were laughing at my shocked face. Meanies!

X

I was biting my cheek in annoyance. The organizers were messing up my vision! I wanted the string on some of the gummy bears to be an inch longer than they provided. This was not up to my standards! And then the guy with the chocolate fountain only had silk chocolate, but I wanted silky smooth chocolate!

It was infuriating since I couldn't use my speed to micromanage the people. I still had to maintain the facade of being a human around these staffers. I was boiling in anger, but I began calming down when I felt Mila send me a wave of calm energy. I sensed the arrival of our friends and family, but I was more concerned with making this party spectacular.

"Are you serious-"

"Jeez, calm down." Hailey saddled up to my side.

"You're going to scare them away." Lexi wrapped her arm around mine.

"I just want this to be-"

"Perfect." Lexi and Hailey rolled their eyes. "Not like Zena's other parties haven't been amazing." I chuckled as I remembered the private zoo I had arranged.

"But I must always out do myself every year." I smirked.

"So extra." Lexi jumped on my back. "I swear that worker was shaking in fear."

"He probably thought you were going to drain his blood." Hailey mimicked Dracula's voice. Lexi and I cackled in laughter.

I then heard my sweet daughter greeting my mother. Lexi jumped off my back so I could greet my daughter. She excitedly ran into my arms. I smiled and squeezed her tight. I placed her back on the ground and told her to have fun.

I then walked to Mila's side and put an arm around her. Our friends and family were giving me hell about my extravagant candyland theme. I chuckled and pressed a kiss to Mila's cheek. We fondly smiled as we observed how much fun the kids were having. It warmed my heart that Z was also including the orphans in the games.

Z had skipped over to me at one point. She wanted to give me a necklace she made. It was extraordinarily beautiful and I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter. She's actually really talented when it comes to art. I was amazed how she made something so beautiful. I smiled and had her put it on me.

"Mummy said that this blue was the color for your family's coat of

"Mummy said that this blue was the color for your family's coat of...of... your color." I chuckled since she didn't understand what coat of arms meant. "And then I tried to make the diamonds look like snowflakes since you used to live in the mountains."

"I promise to never take it off." I smiled.

"Promise."

"Pinky."

We pinky sweared and sealed the promise with a kiss to our pinkies.