𝟐, 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐧

CHAPTER 2
.ೃ*:

It was mid June in the blazing Michigan summer. And the UV was a nearly a 10. And Delilah couldn't have been more relaxed than she was right now. Not a worry in the world.

Delilah yawned as she laid on top a towel at the neighboring lake houses. Azalea tanned next to her and was scrolling through her instagram feed.

She heard boys boisterous yells and laughs as the sun beat down on her skin which made her squint her eyes.

She knew the boys were nearing and would disrupt the peaceful moment with the two girls. "Hey Delilah!" She heard someone shout her name. Looking in the direction of the voice she realized it was Luke, and most of UMICH hockey team.

"Hi luke!" She waved back as the boys stared in awe at the girl. The summer sun had made Lukes brunette curls a near blonde and his skin was a light brown color.

He looked gorgeous, and she couldn't stop the thoughts that raced through her mind when she saw her childhood best friend glistening under the golden sun. His smile was bright and so were his eyes twinkled.

She quickly realized that her gaze lingered a little to long in the boy, and quickly looked back down to her book. They were near the dock, and the hockey boys had to pass the two girls. Since they were going on the boat to ride along the lake.

Delilah and Azalea avoided eye contact as the ethereal boys pass by eyeing the girls exposed bikini bodys up and down. Delilah felt weird about the longing glances the boys had given her.

She liked it but also wish that Luke would look at her like that. But recently it had seemed that he had little to no interest in hanging out. Since all of jacks friends were here, along with the hockey team. She hadn't crossed his mind, and felt a little upset since he was going to Jersey for hockey. And she wouldn't see him often.

But at least she had Azalea to spend her days with tanning, shopping, napping, and making smoothies with. "Wanna go inside?" Azalea questioned as Delilah nodded her head and sat up.

"Why was it so awkward with luke?" Her friend questioned as Delilah glanced to her. "I dont know. Hes been shutting me out the more he gets older" Delilah explained as her friend listened.

"He's an ass" she scoffed as Delilah let a sigh leave her lips. "Yeah i know" She mumbled as they neared the house.

"Do you still like him?" Azalea asked the girl smirking as Delilahs freckled cheeks flushed. "Its hard not to. Ive liked him since i was little" Delilah let out a small laugh as Azalea smiled.

"I live for a childhood friends to lovers trope" Azalea teased the girl as she looked away embarrassed. A smile crept onto her face as they walked into the cool air conditioned house. "Of course you do" she retorted and walked over to the fridge and grabbed some strawberries.

"You two would literally be the cutest ever" Azalea squealed as the Liu's girl rolled her eyes. "Yeah whatever" she shrugged and bit into the crimson red strawberry.

Azalea grabbed one and sat down at the kitchen island. They heard the door slide open and footsteps nearing. She turned her head to see Quinn. "What are you doing here?" He questioned as she narrowed her eyes after him.

"Why are you here?" She asked back as Quinn stared blankly at her. "I thought you were on the boat" he replied simply as he looked to her friend sitting at the island.

"No id rather have to deal with you than be on a boat with a bunch of college hockey players" she retorted as Quinn laughed. "You like me better than lukey wukey?" He teased as she glared at him.

"Never said that" she replied simply as he smirked. "Mhm sure" he went over to the fridge as grabbed a seltzer. "Why didn't you want to go?" He inquired and opened the can.

"Why are you so nosey" she asked as he laughed. He shrugged his broad shoulders. And walked back outside but not before ruffling her brunette hair. That he has always done. She tried to dodge his movements but was to late.

She glared at him and ate another strawberry. "Hes so annoying" Delilah huffed as Azalea smiled. "Agreed" she let out a laugh and grabbed a another strawberry.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
This made me really miss summer ugh. School is actually so draining i cant. Literally i am the epitome of This Is Me Trying by taylor swift. Lowkey sad but its whatever 🤪🤪. Anyways enjoy guys 😻. Love you all! 🫶🏻

word count: 798