𝟏𝟓, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞?

CHAPTER 15
.ೃ*:

Eventually the two laid down on the dock as they watched the twinkling stars in the ebony sky. They conversed with each other about life in general.

She rested her head on top of his chest and sighed contently. He traced shapes on her lower back. They both basked in each other's warming presence. The moment was peaceful and they knew they had low chances of getting interrupted since it was nearing midnight.

The question that lingered still in her mind the past few days. When was Luke going to call her his girlfriend? Or was it just un spoken that they were boyfriend and girlfriend. The question pounded her head and couldn't seem to shake it out.

"Li whats wrong?" Luke asked her for the second time as she slightly raised her head looking at him. "Luke what are we?" She asked tired of keeping it to herself. He looked a little stunned as he realized he neglected the topic.

"Um" He stuttered out as she sat up a little. "What do you mean "um". It's a simple question" she shot at him as sat up leaning back on his elbows. "I thought it was already known?" He said unsure as she scoffed.

"Luke you have to communicate with stuff like this." She scolded him as he sighed. "Well why didn't you?" He asked as she stared at him. "Because i thought you would have known! I waited because i didn't want to bring it up the second, we had kissed" Delilah explained as her voice raised a bit as Lukes eyes searched hers.

"Well you should have brought it up" he mumbled as she rolled her eyes. "Im going home" she stood up abruptly, tired of this conversation between her and Luke. "Delilah. Come back im sorry" he pleaded as she shook her head.

She began walking away as he stood up watching her figure get smaller and smaller as he felt his heart fall into his stomach with rapid beats.

He gulped as he felt like a douchebag for treating her like that, and leaving her in the dark without communicating.

Delilah felt tears springing into her brunette eyes as she sneaked back into her house. Slipping her shoes off she made her way up to her room quietly. Her parents were still sleeping on the couch still like before.

She sighed stepping into her room as the tears threatened to spill and cascade down her cheeks. She didn't really know why she was crying about, maybe it was the look of betrayal on Lukes face.

But it needed to be said, and maybe she just needed to sleep on it. She knew they could work through it, but tonight was not the night for that. She was tired, and just wanted to sleep in her bed.

Quickly wiping her tears she changed into some pajamas but were really just shorts and an old t shirt which probably was Lukes. Which didn't help her mood. Climbing into bed she stared at the ceiling and knew she was going to have to hangout with Azalea tomorrow.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
Im sorry guys. You may hate me, well actually you definitely do. But dont worry it wont last super long. Or will it? 🤫. Anyways love you all! 😚🫶🏻

word count: 552