𝟏𝟔, 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER 15
.ೃ*:

Delilah woke up roughly around eleven and she already knew her day was going to be bad. She hated sleeping in this late. Sending a quick text to Azalea telling her to come over she walked down stairs to hear lively chatter and laughs.

She groaned and caught sight of Quinn and Jack so there was no doubt that Luke was most definitely here. And he was the last person she wanted to see right now.

She walked downstairs to Lukes gaze already on her. She looked at him quickly but soon pulled her gaze away. Quinn turned to her and pulled her into a warm hug. "Morning Delilah" he squeezed her as she smiled softly into his chest. "Morning Quinn" her voice was a bit raspy, he let her go as he watched Luke and her not interactive once.

"Finally you're awake!" Her mom exclaimed as she turned to give a look to her mom. Turning her back she rolled her eyes already sick of everyone. Lukes eyes stayed on her, and realized she was wearing one of his umich hockey shirts.

His longing stares made her feel small, and insignificant. Lukes gaze that lingered on her body made her whole demeanor change, she felt heat rushing to her cheeks. Delilah hated the amount of power Luke held over her when it comes to how her body reacts to him.

She poured some coffee in her cup as Ellen and Victoria discoursed over a cup of coffee in the living room. And the dads were probably out by the lake. Fishing was her best guess.

The two moms ventured to the patio as her eyes squeezed shut knowing she was going to be stuck with the three boys. "So delilah whats new?" Jack asked as she raised an eyebrow at him. Luke shot him a glare to shut up. "Nothing" she replied with sarcasm lacing her voice.

"Oh" he replied simply as Quinns eyes flickered from Luke to Delilah. "Why aren't you two all over each other?" Jack questioned as Luke still sent glares at his older brother. "None of your business" Luke shot at his brothers as Delilahs eyes nervously flicked to the angered boy.

"Okay calm down" Quinn laughed a bit as he glanced between the two mad young adults. "Whatever" Delilah finished her coffee and went back upstairs. Leaving the two older boys looking at youngest with a look that made Luke feel guilty.

Azalea soon came over after the awkward encounter. She pulled her up to her room and knew she needed to tell her everything. "So what happened?" Azalea asked while sitting on Delilahs bed.

"Okay so me and Luke kissed about a week ago, and last night we snuck out" She began the anecdote as Azalea nodded her head along. "Okay so anyways. He never specified what we were" she added as Azalea gaped her mouth open.

"Huh?!" She exclaimed as Delilah nodded her head as her lips formed into a line. "So i asked him last night. And he said "um" like what?" She did air quotes as Azalea nodded her head at her friend's rant. "What the fuck" she scoffed at his actions.

"And he started getting sassy with me! So i just left because i couldn't deal with it anymore" She finished her story as Azalea played it out in her head. "Why is being such a ass about it?" she asked as Delilah shrugged.

"I wish I knew." She sighed dramatically. "I like him a lot. But i just don't know what to do" she was conflicted on what to about the incident. "I think just talk to him about it. You guys can work it out im sure" Azalea assured her best friend while rubbing her back a bit.

"I hope" she sighed.

Delilah was sitting down scrolling on her phone on the patio of her lake house. Hearing footsteps echoing onto the wood, her eyes glanced up to see Quinn. "Hey" she greeted as he took the seat next to hers, "Hi" He greeted back to as she was confused on why he was sitting her.

"What happened with you and Luke?" Quinn asked concerned as Delilah rolled her eyes and let a scoff out. "Its a dumb story" She replied setting her phone down on the table. "So tell me" He insisted as she set her eyes on him. Letting a sigh leave her lips.

"Well basically, we were hanging out last night." She re told the story basically word for word that she had done for Azalea. His head nodded along. "And i asked him what we were, and he said "um" so i kinds just lost my cool" She explained to her older brother figure.

His mouth hung open a little as he scoffed. "Seriously?!" He asked in disbelief as her lips formed into a straight line slowly nodding her head. "So i left. Because i couldn't deal with it" She finished it as Quinn could not believe his younger brother's immature actions.

"Hes so immature" Shaking his head as Delilah slumped into her chair. "I know he didn't meant to come off like an ass hole." Quinn assured her as she looked at him. "Yeah i know" she replied looking out to the glistening lake. That rippled slightly with the wind skimming across the top.

"He's crazy for you, like talking about you all the time crazy. Just talk to him." Quinn gave her the advice as she smiled softly. "Thanks" she thanked him as he leaned in to hug her. "Do it quick though. He's been moping around all day" He implored her while they both laughed.

She melted into Quinns hug as she held onto him. Shes sad? Quinns hugs cures her somber mood. Although Quinn likes to deny his infamous hugs he knew deep down that he was one of the best huggers out there.

Which boosted his ego a lot.

"You give such good hugs Quinny" she mumbled into his chest as a small smile formed on his face. "Thanks Delilah" He rubbed her back as she held onto him not wanting to let go of the blanket of security he had with held.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
I kinda like writing angst but at the same time it kinda hurts my soul to do it. Im fucking dreading going back to school so much. Like my break wen by way to fast, it's actually so sad. Already prepared for the poor mental health thats going to ensue 😝. Anyways love you all!! 😻

word count: 1096