𝟑𝟗, 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

CHAPTER 39
.ೃ*:

Delilah was starting to feel Luke slipping from her grasp. His game schedule was becoming increasingly more filled. And she was bombarded with exams and medical labs for school. She rarely had time to sit down and FaceTime or have a conversation with him.

And she didn't start realizing the situation until she couldn't remember the last time she had called Luke. It dumbfounded her because in the beginning it was all she ever did. Hardly ever leaving her room or going to parties with Azalea.

And she was confused from her own actions, and Luke never really tried to initiate conversations either. Yeah a couples texts from here and there, but usually he was so exhausted from games and practices he was sleeping or was with Jack and his teammates.

Her and Azalea were out to eat after their morning classes and she explained her problem to her friend. "Like yeah we text but i dont even remember the last time i called him" she frowned as Azalea took a sip of her coffee.

"Oh" she peeped as Delilah bit her bottom lip. "And i feel like shit. Long distance is so hard. I thought i could push through but im not sure anymore" she stressed as Azalea squeezed Delilahs hand. "Just talk to him. It's Luke im sure he'll understand okay?" Azalea comforted her friend as she nodded her head.

"Okay" she smiled softly and took a bite of her pancakes.

She had talked to Luke and he agreed to come over to Michigan for a weekend due to not having a game. She had planned the whole night, they were going to go to the movies, get some food, and then relax in her room.

He was supposed to land later in the afternoon as she waited anxiously for his text to tell him he had landed. The two hadn't seen each other almost a month so missing him was an understatement.

Her phone chimed with a text from Luke and her heart sank to her stomach.

Lukey pookie 🫶🏻😋

Lukey pookie 🫶🏻😋: hey. Sorry this is so last minute but the wives are hosting a last party that i cant miss. So i cant fly over im sorry

Delilah: oh okay

Lukey pookie 🫶🏻😋: sorry i love you

Delilah: its fine love u too

Lukey pookie 🫶🏻😋: soon i can come okay?

Delilah: k
read: 12:05

She wanted to cry, the feeling when you're holding back sobs, and the feeling of your throat compressing. She understood he had responsibilities within the team, but why did he tell her so last minute?

The way she was responding to him should have been the first warning to him. She wanted to chuck her phone across her room and scream into her pillows for hours. Soon the angry tears and cried morphed into desolate sobs and she couldn't stop crying.

She quickly called Azalea and choked out "come back" while trying to calm herself. Azalea came through the door with a frown and walked to over to her friend. Taking in the appearance of her poor miserable best friend. She watched as Delilahs mascara ran down her face in black streaks staining her cheeks. And her lips were chapped from licking them so often.

Her nose was runny and rosey from wiping it with the sleeve of her crewneck. She let out a sob as her best friend held out her arms inviting her in. She lost track of time she spent crying in Azaleas arms and letting choked out sobs. Azalea ran her fingers through Delilahs scalp and combed through her ends in a soothing manner.

"I-i havent seen him nearly a month, and now he blows me off, on his only free weekend?!" She exclaims with her voice hoarse from crying. A few hiccups leaving her lips. "I know, what an ass hole" she scoffed as Delilah sniffled and rested her head in her friend's lap.

"I get it hes busy, but why would y-you tell me last minute?" She lifted her head a bit and moved around her hands in a gesturing manner. "What a dickhead" Azalea replied with disbelief that Luke Hughes out of all people would do this. She looked down to her friend's pitiful state, and continued to softly play with her hair.

"At this point im not even mad im just hurt" she wiped her mascara from her eyes as Azalea had a frown. "Hes never been like this" she ranted as Azalea listened. "Lukes always been so good at communicating. I dont know whats going on!" She felt more tears rising into her waterline and spilling down her cheeks.

"Shh its okay" Azalea comforted softly as Delilah sniffled wiping her eyes and nose once again. "Just go to sleep okay?" Azalea whispered as pushed the wispy pieces of Delilah brown hair out of her face. Delilah nodded her head a bit and closed her eyes.

Delilah was woken up by the soft hum of Gracie Abrams angelic voice playing off the record player the two friends shared. Azalea wasnt in the room so she glanced down to her phone and picked it up. Her notification center was filled with texts from Jack. And only a few texts from Luke. She rolled her eyes in response and say that Azalea was out getting food and coffee and she'll be right back.

Deciding to see what Jack was bombarding her with she tapped on his flurry of messages.

Rowdy 🤠

Rowdy 🤠: what happened
to Luke flying out?

Delilah: i guess he "forgot"
about a devils party

Rowdy 🤠: oh my god.
what a fucking idiot

Delilah: mhm tell me abt it

Rowdy 🤠: ill talk to him

Delilah: okay thanks jack

Rowdy 🤠: no problem

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
THE DRAMMAAA. Dw it wont last for awhile but i needed to spice things up. But i want to make so many more books but i dont want to start anything until i finish this book at least lmao. Also this book is #1 in new jersey so thank you all!! Love u guys 🤭🫶🏻😍😻😜

word count: 1018