𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

EPILOGUE
.ೃ*:
1 year later!

Once Delilah had graduated from Umich she could now say with pride she was a certified athletic trainer.

Luke was beyond proud of his girlfriend to see her succeed and how excited she is to do something shes so passionate about.

As a surprise for Luke, unbeknownst to him the Devils were looking for an athletic trainer. Delilah saw the listing and jumped to apply for the job.

After a very nerve wracking and an abnormally long week she finally got an answer back from them. And she had been approved. She was so happy she started to jump around her room back home and squealed like a school girl.

She had to tell Luke as a surprise for him and couldn't wait to see his reaction to the news. It was groundbreaking for the two, no more long distance, getting on planes on the weekend. And no more FaceTimes. Which she was the most relieved about.

It was the end of summer and Luke whole heartedly believed she wasn't going to come to jersey with him. Jack knew because Delilah told him but she told him to keep it a secret from his little brother.

She was so eager to tell him she could barely hold it in anymore. Her way of telling him was a cake and telling him to open a little box which had a screenshot of her acceptance into the job on a piece of paper, then enclosed in a envelope.

To lower suspicion she did it on their one year anniversary. She set down the cake as he smiled up at her with pride. "Your a baker now?" He teased as she laughed and kissed his lips. "Mhm" she answered and walked over to grab two plates, a knife, and a pair of forks.

He watched her movements as she walked back over setting the utensils on the counter. They made a clink on the marble counter as he got and up and wrapped his arm around her. "I love you" he mumbled into her hair as she smiled and leaned into his touch.

"I love you too." She told him and reached over for the knife. "Happy one year" he celebrated as she smiled and cut the cake. "Happy 1 year lukey" she went up on her toes placing a kiss on his lips as he kissed her back.

She pulled away, his comforting blue eyes getting lost in her brown ones. With a soft smile she placed a delicate kiss on his cheek and placed his slice of cake on the plate.

He took a bite and grinned at her. "Is it good?" She asked nervously playing with her rings. "Amazing" he agreed as she laughed. He picked some up with his fork and held it up to her mouth.

She gracefully accepted the bite and covered her mouth when she smiled. Her dimples popping out as she laughed a bit. "I love you, thank you" Luke praised her as she looked up to him with her eyes twinkling. "I love you too. And thank you for the best year of my life. And many more" she thanked him for his presence as he smiled bashfully.

His lips landed on her forehead as he gave it a quick peck. "Oh! I forgot about this" she reminded herself of the gift and walked over grabbing a box. Luke had a confused look on his face as he watched his girlfriend grab a small box.

"Here" she passed the gift onto him with a bright smile. "Thanks" he thanked her and took the box from her hands. She watched anxiously as he lifted the lid from the tiny gift box, and peered in.

He lifted out a piece of paper which had him confused. He glanced up to her as she watched him intently. "What is it?" He asked curiously as her shoulders shrugged in response.